Other Weapon = Anything - Page 2

Other Weapon = Anything

This is a discussion on Other Weapon = Anything within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a very lovely steel t-square that could cause some damage....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Member
    I have a very lovely steel t-square that could cause some damage.
    Attached Images
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member
    If you are interested, you should look to get in an Improvised Weapons class with Steve Tarani or similar good instructor. Some friends of mine just took a class and I got a quick demonstration on how to be disarmed with a cheap Wally World hawiian shirt that I am still trying to digest.

http://www.garrykravit.com/images/ImpWea.wmv
    A somewhat funny video but shows enough

Steve is also an instructor for the Karambit and allegdly so good that I heard more than one guy say that the only way they would attack him would be with a scoped rifle at 200 yards.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Musketeer's first rule of unarmed combat:

The only time we fight unarmed is when naked and all the furniture is bolted to the floor.

Edit: Just noticed my old friend Superhouse15 beat me here! I also like the mention of the David Drake quote. I am half way through the Hammer's Slammers Compilation Volume 2 right now. I already read them all before (except for the newbies added for the hardcover compilation).
    Last edited by Musketeer; September 6th, 2007 at 10:14 AM. Reason: saw an earlier post

We have a no weapons policy at work, but we have tools everywhere...

Pretty lame policy

I have a friend who's a prison guard, he say's that a lock and sox makes an nasty weapon. Is that a lock in your sox, or are you just happy to see me?
    What you think you know.... Can kill you!

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    I have a very lovely steel t-square that could cause some damage.
    Sounds like "graphic violence" to me!
    Jack

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion View Post
    Always keep a good ink pen.
    actually while at the sanctuary of no rights(school) i make it a point to carry a pen w/o a cap.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Sponsor
    Back in August of 81, we were given the "unconventional weapons" training indoctrine. The world and it's abundance of weapons around us has never looked the same since.

edited to add:

Stick training, flail weapons training, hankerchiefs/trapping weapons training etc is only going to make these unconventionals more effective when used.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Forgot something

Use your noggin. Always the best defense IF you have the wisdom to know when.

I have talked myself and many friends out of getting lynched on more occasions that I'd like to have had to.

But then again we can't all be as smart as the moderators and admin here. So get some training!

Quote Originally Posted by Skuggi View Post
    ...What do you have laying around in immediate view you could classify as a weapon?
    Sitting on my desk is a Nikon CoolPix 995 digital camera (MY '99)...

It weighs roughly 2lbs. (my best guess) and has a 4' long neck strap attached.
    The strap itself would make for an excellent garrote/noose even as attached in stock/OEM form to the camera body itself.
    Additionally together the neckstrap and camera as one would make for an excellent blunt force impact device toward bludgeoning a person into submission if not unconsciousness all the while affording me a functional range of ~10' between the length of the neckstrap, the camera body itself, and the span of my arm.

I can 'carry' that camera most anywhere and do so openly without challenge or civil concern.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Sponsor
    I'd prefer to use my belt as a flail weapon over that camera

Of course flails will fail if you don't know how to keep it moving so it isn't grabbed, wrapped or tied up by the aggressor after the first blow as well.

A little bullwhip training would do the trick where training in flails is concerned. I have a "pocket bull" bullwhip thats 4 feet long made to my specs that can sit in a cargo pocket.

Also carry a neckwhip custom made by Scott Homscheck when flying thats discussed here:

http://www.threatfocused.com/forums/...read.php?t=300

Have the training with Jim Keating and Scott Homscheck on flails etc to be able to use these types of tools effectively.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Definitely I'd pick my belt first...but as per the OPs request it's not an item that is right now sitting on my desk.
    Also it would take some time and effort to remove it from my closet (I'm not wearing a belt) as opposed to grabbing the camera.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links