not old enough :(

This is a discussion on not old enough :( within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.kravmagaseattle.com/KMSystem.htm...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: not old enough :(

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I dont intend this to sound the way its going to, but do you really know how to use the tools you are carrying?
    Important point...
    For several years, I carried a can of OC, but had never tried it! I bought a couple of extras to give them a try. I learned some important points...
    How far it will effectively spray!
    How long it will spray!
    And...damn, that stuff really get your attention when the blow back gets into your eyes! It doesn't take much wind to spray yourself. I would not want to try and spray someone without having tried it.
    Can you still 'operate' with a little bit in YOUR eyes?
    If you carry OC and have never tried using it, your missing some important 'self-training'.

OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

i set up a roughly man sized piece of cardboard and practiced drawing it from my jacket pocket and spraying in the "face" of the card board
    i dont have a big container of OC so i only drew and sprayed twice, using short bursts
    the container says its good for 6-8 second long bursts
    I think that must count for something right?

The krav maga website you posted seems pretty good, if your interested ask themabout a few free (2-3) introductory lessonsjust to get a 'feel' for it & see if you like it..I practiced aikido, jiujitsu,muy thai, for years (yes I'm old) before doing krav maga in my early 40's and it combined alot of my prior training...Great fun & practical --hope it works out for ya!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links