More Zero Tolerance garbage! - Page 3

More Zero Tolerance garbage!

This is a discussion on More Zero Tolerance garbage! within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Come on guys its all part of the conditioning. When are your going to start drinking the cool-aid like everyone else? Watch out critical thinking ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More Zero Tolerance garbage!

Come on guys its all part of the conditioning. When are your going to start drinking the cool-aid like everyone else? Watch out critical thinking will be baned next, oh wait never mind. (sarcasm)
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

This is sad, very sad. So much for higher education.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Zero tolerance = no common sense...it eliminates all the difficulties in having to 'think'! Sad times...

Exactly... "Zero-tolerance" policies are ZERO-INTELLIGENCE policies...
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
    - Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Slight topic drift warning!

On the subject of "anything can be a weapon", a kid at the Jr. High/Middle School my son attended last year was suspended for using toothpicks to harm another student. How did the suspended kid do this? The "harmed" student smashed the kid's sandwich every day at lunch with his fist. Typically, the administration did nothing to stop this. So the kid put toothpicks all through the sandwich just below the surface of the bread. When the "harmed" student punched the sandwich, the toothpicks were driven through his hand, and he had to go to the ER. The kid got suspended, as well as his brother, who knew and didn't snitch on his brother! This was at a private, Christian school. They haven't got around to banning toothpicks (yet).

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    Slight topic drift warning!

On the subject of "anything can be a weapon", a kid at the Jr. High/Middle School my son attended last year was suspended for using toothpicks to harm another student. How did the suspended kid do this? The "harmed" student smashed the kid's sandwich every day at lunch with his fist. Typically, the administration did nothing to stop this. So the kid put toothpicks all through the sandwich just below the surface of the bread. When the "harmed" student punched the sandwich, the toothpicks were driven through his hand, and he had to go to the ER. The kid got suspended, as well as his brother, who knew and didn't snitch on his brother! This was at a private, Christian school. They haven't got around to banning toothpicks (yet).
    Now that is amazing! Given how private schools aren't as beholden to what the State & Federal Govts dictate, because they "typically" don't get any funding from them.

In ready some of the comments, & given that not everyone knows me (In some way), I'm not a school Administrator. & I don't think I could be, for one, I'm not liberal enough.

Who? What? Did I say that? Must've been thinking aloud again...
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

F4i
    You think this school PC stuff is bad? I just saw a KFC commercial the other day where a lady is in an office/cubicle type setting eating her KFC meal and the other employees start freaking out that "She's got a knife!" They go get the boss and confront her about the "knife".

Over a stupid little plastic knife and fork you get with a napkin in a wrapper and when they confront her on it, she says she needs it for her extra crispy whatever.

Distinguished Member
    We all just have to hope that someday we will be called in for jury duty on one of these cases and maybe use a little common sense and vote what is right. Seems like it might be the only hope of correcting a society that has gone soooo far over board.

SleepingZ

VIP Member
    Good grief. Yet another way they're trying to make our kids grow up to be sniveling sissies. Guns are baaaaaad. Knives are baaaaaad.

Don't people care to take things in context anymore? I guess to do that would be some kind of liability. You never know, that Swiss Army knife just may make a killer out of that boy.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F4i View Post
    You think this school PC stuff is bad? I just saw a KFC commercial the other day where a lady is in an office/cubicle type setting eating her KFC meal and the other employees start freaking out that "She's got a knife!" They go get the boss and confront her about the "knife".

Over a stupid little plastic knife and fork you get with a napkin in a wrapper and when they confront her on it, she says she needs it for her extra crispy whatever.
    Good god! How do these people go about their lives? Do they jump for the raftors every time their SO makes dinner with a knife? How can a person turn off their brain so completely?

F4i
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    Good god! How do these people go about their lives? Do they jump for the raftors every time their SO makes dinner with a knife? How can a person turn off their brain so completely?
    Well, it was just a commercial, but it demonstrates the idiocy of the media and society in general...

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F4i View Post
    Well, it was just a commercial
    that's true, but somebody wrote it.

VIP Member
    It may be a commercial...but it's real close to the real world.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Society today makes me glad I have no children or plans to have any.

My wife and I will grow old and die, hopefully, and that will be the "End of the line" for us.

Biker

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    garbage. i'd say more, but im disgusted.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

WOW! I just don't have the words. As mentioned earlier...when is enough enough?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links