More Zero Tolerance garbage!

This is a discussion on More Zero Tolerance garbage! within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As I understand it, the "no tolerance" policy is set by the school district and not local or state statute. Pressure needs to be placed ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More Zero Tolerance garbage!

As I understand it, the "no tolerance" policy is set by the school district and not local or state statute. Pressure needs to be placed on the board members, since they are the policy makers. In most places I know, school board members are also elected. The "no tolerance" policy should definitely be debated before an election.

2. Remove Ads

Butter Knife Suspension

Do a google search on "butter knife suspension" and you'll find some more outrageous cases of "no tolerance". Sometimes I'm embarrassed to say I'm a public school employee.

I know that I am an old geezer, but when I grew up every boy in America carried a pocket knife of some sort. You wouldn't leave home, even for school, without one.

What has happened to us?
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

im sorry to hear that this poor kid could be charged with a felony for a swiss
    army knife locked in his car. lets get real ridiclus and charge school administraters with having a tire iron locked in their trunks. a little commuity
    service sure, but felony charge,give me a breack
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

If the kid had just beat up another kid on campus ... he'd got what ... suspended and no charge?? It figures ... Georgia!
    Old testament....Shooting to Live 1942
    http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/...ng_to_live.pdf
    Newer testament... Kill or Get Killed 1976/1987
    http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/...Get_Killed.pdf

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glock27mark View Post
    im sorry to hear that this poor kid could be charged with a felony for a swiss
    army knife locked in his car. lets get real ridiclus and charge school administraters with having a tire iron locked in their trunks. a little commuity
    service sure, but felony charge,give me a breack
    Good point. Tire irons have long served as weapons, not only in movies but in real life.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    I have always theorized that searching a student's car could be challenged as illegal by the parents because the car does not belong to the student but the parents.

Any one here have any legal knowledge on that?
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

+1 on homeschooling.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    WTH are they doing searching a students car? For leaving campus? Give me a break.
    I am so sick of this 'zero tollerance' BS.
    They're tollerant of anything that is in line with their agenda.
    A felony? Ignorance is what I have to say about that.
    A 2" blade or a pencil is just as dangerous and lethal as a 3" blade.
    I think it's going to take some big time lawsuits bring some sanity back to our schools.
    Need to put these liberals back in their place.

SCHOOL VOUCHERS!

Last edited by P7fanatic; November 4th, 2007 at 11:13 PM.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

when I graduated in 2001 my highschool rules manual was half an inch thick, 8.5x11 and small print over all the legallities since school shootings in middle america became somewhat normal.

I did notice a change in the ways and means my peers in highschool did resolve issues, instead of talking it out and/or fighting man to man they would get their friends and jump the other guy even if he was right. I've seen kids 6 years ago cry in corners and talk about bringing guns to school and shooting everyone and all out of their inability to resolve issues that not too long ago were solved man to man. Scarey and I am glad to be out of government controlled day care for teenagers!
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

I always thought they asked if you were convicted of a felony, not charged with a felony.

I remember going to school when just about every boy there had a knife on him. We never had a problem.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

BAC
    Ever since my junior year of high school, I've had a knife on me. One was a small but sharp pen knife in a mini first aid kit (don't hassle me about the first aid kit, I had to use it once and needed it on a day I didn't have it), and the other my Gerber Paraframe. I never really made an attempt to hide the Gerber, and nobody ever noticed it was there until after I graduated high school.

Lord I wish I could redo high school with the knowledge I have now. I'd love to start a case like this and really take it somewhere. I hope this kid fights it as long as he can manage to do so.

-B

I graduated in 1999. I used to bring my hunting rifle to school and store it in my locker. Granted I was in a small town, and we had to show it was unloaded to the office attendant and give the mag to the principal until we left, but I would hate to see what would happen if I were to have left my unloaded rifle in my car nowadays....
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

This happened recently at a high school in my city. I was always under the assumption that felonies were serious crimes (murder, rape, arson). Forgetting a pocket knife in a backpack is hardly a serious crime.

Now let's say the student is convicted of the felony. Does this mean he will not be granted CCW permit in the future *and* lose voting rights? Is it the same for all felonies, including rape/arson/murder?

If so, there is no way justice is served by that. A kid forgets he had a knife - was never planning any harm - so henceforth his life is ruined.

I wonder how many members of the school board or teachers "forgot" about a knife in their pocket or purse? Or the pepper spray, tazer or even handgun?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links