Knife question

This is a discussion on Knife question within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Call me cynical but I'm a little suspicious about the quality of the content you're going to find in a 4 for $6 pack of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knife question

Call me cynical but I'm a little suspicious about the quality of the content you're going to find in a 4 for $6 pack of "training" videos. Especially since stuff from the recognized experts (Worden, Janich, Keating, Tarani, etc.) will usually run $20-30 or higher per dvd.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by kenpotex
    What about Auto's and balisongs?
    A clip from the CCW 'deadly weapons's allowed in KY

In Kentucky, for example,
    Q: What weapons are covered and allowed under the CCDW permit?

A: Any weapon from which a shot, readily capable of producing death or serious physical injury, may be discharged. Any knife other than an ordinary pocket knife or hunting knife. A "billy," nightstick, or club. A blackjack or slapjack. Nunchaku karate sticks. Shirikena or "death stars." Artificial knuckles made from plastic, or other similar hard material.

This covers 'any ' knife other than pocket knives even switch blades !
    diplomacy ... the art of saying "nice doggie"..while looking for a big rock !!

I carry an Emerson CQB 4". Quick deployment ( you can master this easily with just a little practice) and it's legal to carry. The only problem I've run into is in secure buildings like court houses and financial institutions. I also wouldn't recommend trying to board an airplane with one.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky
    A clip from the CCW 'deadly weapons's allowed in KY

In Kentucky, for example,
    Q: What weapons are covered and allowed under the CCDW permit?

A: Any weapon from which a shot, readily capable of producing death or serious physical injury, may be discharged. Any knife other than an ordinary pocket knife or hunting knife. A "billy," nightstick, or club. A blackjack or slapjack. Nunchaku karate sticks. Shirikena or "death stars." Artificial knuckles made from plastic, or other similar hard material.

This covers 'any ' knife other than pocket knives even switch blades !
    Cool! thanks for the info.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Talking Stupid Knife laws in OK

OK says no to bowie knives, dirks, daggers, automatics, and any knife that has an opening mechanism in the handle!!!!!!!!!!

I get around these by a single line in the law " no banned weapons for law enforcement" reserve cop. Yep, I donate a little time, and get to carry whatever I want.

Just thought - all fasteners will soon have to be rivets or machine screws/nuts and bolts - hex heads or Allen socket. Regular slotted and Philips screws will be out. They after all require the use of <deep breath>, screwdivers - nasty semi-pointy things that can be plunged deep into human tissue.
    Yea, real dangerous, one of our inmates a few weeks ago stabbed another 14 or 15 times with a screwdriver, seems all that he needed was band-aids
    What ever you have to do to go home.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links