Hollywood vs. Millitary style assault knives

This is a discussion on Hollywood vs. Millitary style assault knives within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm sitting here watching Shark on CBS. In the process of talking about a murder case one of the lawyers says the murder is a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood vs. Millitary style assault knives

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar

I'm sitting here watching Shark on CBS. In the process of talking about a murder case one of the lawyers says the murder is a millitary-style assault knife.

I don't think I'd ever want to take a hill with a knife. Shoot, I've heard of a Kbar being referred as an assault weapon.

Just when you think Hollywood can't be any more clueless...
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Sheep anywhere are clueless, but Hollywood has it's own special breed. And they shouldn't be allowed to.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

I was also watching Shark tonight and when the lawyer said "military-style assault knife" it was like the tv sound doubled because this was screaming in my ears. I'm thinking, did I just hear what I think I heard?

Watch out, before long they will be calling our swiss army knives "assault knives" because of that "EVIL LOOKING" corkscrew.
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.--SHOOTER

our knife rights are being attacked daily ,,,so too hear something like military assualt knife is nothing new,,,just another bad a** name from hollywood too control all knives ,,as in england,,

I used to joke about "assault-knives"...good grief. Never actually thought I'd hear them say it...

When do they start with the assault-pencils with the rubber grips?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    An "assault knife" is one that you stick in your mouth whilst throwing grenades upon order of your fire team leader to "rush".

That is, until you need your teeth to yank those pesky pins out of the grenades...then you shift your "assault knife" from your teeth to your weak hand....

I need a drink.....
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Soon they will want to ban our ROBOTS.....http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vi...3&fr=yfp-t-501

I need OLD GLORY Insurance....
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_America View Post
    Watch out, before long they will be calling our swiss army knives "assault knives" because of that "EVIL LOOKING" corkscrew.
    You've obviously never been jabbed by one. I submit that they are not only evil but a bane on civilization and should be outright banned! (Who knows, might distract them from taking away gun rights, but bartenders might be pretty pissed.)

-B

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    You've obviously never been jabbed by one. I submit that they are not only evil but a bane on civilization and should be outright banned! (Who knows, might distract them from taking away gun rights, but bartenders might be pretty pissed.)

-B
    What bartender in their right mind would want such a deadly, menacing device to perform such a menial task? Surely this form of unbalanced use of force on his fellow corks should not be legal. Bartenders do not need these long and sharp cork screws, the government should enact sensible cork screw legislation to get dangerous cork screws of no use to the average citizen off the streets and out of our bars.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    hilarious! Or rather, it would be if the term weren't said seriously. I predict we will see more use of the word, applied to any one-handed folder or fixed blade that isn't marketted with a sliced up tomato next to it.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Were not Butter knives developed because too many people were being killed in drunken Castle feasts?

Maybe we should outlaw sharpening stones.

Did not see the show. Which military is this knife supposed to have assaulted?

They didn't say. They just called it a millitary-style assault knife

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Did it have a laser sight?
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    Did it have a laser sight?
    No, but it did have an EoTech red dot sight.

They never showed the knife

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links