Knife seen on "The Kingdom"

This is a discussion on Knife seen on "The Kingdom" within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife and some friends went to see "The Kingdom" over the weekend and except for the political statement in the last 2 mins of ...

Thread: Knife seen on "The Kingdom"

Knife seen on "The Kingdom"

My wife and some friends went to see "The Kingdom" over the weekend and except for the political statement in the last 2 mins of the movie we liked it. It's not all action until the last third of the movie, but when it comes they pour it on. Anyways on to my question, during the big fight scene near the end Jennifer Gardner (my wife's favorite female actress of all time -> Alias junkie) uses a knife to...um take down a BG. Does anyone know what kind of knife she used. It happened so fast I didn't get a good look at it and now I think it would be a cool gift for the wife.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

2. Remove Ads

Folding Applegate-Fairbairn: http://www.gerber-tools.com/Gerber-A...ombat-5780.htm
    There was a close-up when things "came to a head".

Thanks! It looks like a tough knife. I may end up getting her the mini covert.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Walmart used to carry them, and I know Ace Hardware (at least in OK) does. You might want to handle one, first. Spyderco and Benchmade are still hard to beat, for opener-stud/hole placement, at least for my hands. Good shopping!

I had a mini in the army. I used it for about 2 months before I had to replace it.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I didn't realize Bill Harsey assisted in the design of the knife. It makes sense as the blade shape is very similar to the one on my Harsey T-1.

BTW, if you are interested in the F/A knife, checkout the Covert. I had one & it was a very nice knife. Mine had ATS-34 steel & the later ones have 154 CM, I believe. They're a little smaller & probably fit better in the pocket while still being relatively large. They also have the "LAWKS" lock system making the knife "like" a fixed blade (Maybe not quite as strong, but it's still strong). The "LAWKS" system on this knife isn't automatic, so it's still easy to close one-handed.

The large one listed didn't have great blade steel & I believe the smaller ones had some complaints/problems. I believe the Covert was the best of the lot as it was made in the U.S. & didn't seem to be as problematic or inferior quality like the others.

I only got rid of mine because someone offered me a John Matthes custom (Used to be one of my avatars on this Forum), & I couldn't pass it up.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

VIP Member
    I have a F/A Covert Folder with the 154CM blade. Nice knife, though I prefer my CRKT M16/14T for daily carry. The Gerber sits in my duty vest as a back-up, and has served me well for the last 2 years or so.

I think your wife would find it a handy tool, and will certainly appreciate the thought you put in to find the knife used by her favorite actress!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I carried a double-edged Covert Folder for years, until accidentally leaving it in a friend's rental car. But I liked it so much I replaced it with another one. It's a little bit long for shallow pockets, and the blade will draw every eye in the room when you flick it open, but it's very sturdy, very handy, and I like the secondary lock feature.

One warning - Don't get the silver blade. My first one was the black-blade (don't know what kind of coating it was), and held up beautifully. My current showed signs of corrosion almost as soon as the oil was wiped off.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

I too have the Gerber in 'Covert' sizing.
    It's a good knife and holds it's edge fairly well. Mine is the ATS-34 steel.

I've got not complaints toward it and it's very easily pocketable while being functional.
    The full size version is big. Our local EPO use them in their duty kits.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by cockedlocked01 View Post
    I didn't realize Bill Harsey assisted in the design of the knife. It makes sense as the blade shape is very similar to the one on my Harsey T-1.
    I've been considering the T-1. How do you like it? I have a Paul Presto with Burlwood handles but, it's more of a gentlemen's knife and would love to trade it for a more tactical knife like the T-1. Know anyone who would like the Presto?

Dan

Links