Lifeact

This is a discussion on Lifeact within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got the wife a Kember "LIFEACT" She is not big on carrying a gun, so this works. http://www.life-act.com/guardianangel.php Nice system. Two shots. And she ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lifeact

Lifeact

Just got the wife a Kember "LIFEACT" She is not big on carrying a gun, so this works. http://www.life-act.com/guardianangel.php Nice system. Two shots. And she really carries is with her.
    It's starting to be like a big city down here on the PCB beach. So many transients/illegal Mexicans (not being prejudices, just the way it is) roaming around here. 5 years ago there were 8,000 people living on the beach year round. It's 3 times that now so crime is going up.

2. Remove Ads

Bought the Kimber LifeAct for both my wife and son. She also carries concealed but this is great for dog walks around schools and bus stops that are so common in our neighborhood. Our son travels the southeast and does business in many areas where carrying is difficult so this works for him as well. Has anyone had to use one? I have concerns that your aim is important and it may not be as effective as it could be in a stressful situation.

I used to carry oc spray , actually for three years.
    Some people on other forums pointed out some stuff that had me wondering.

Does your particular unit actually work?
    will the wind be perfect when you decide to use it, ?

In an elevator a stair well, on a bus or a hallway , how much of a dose will the user get?

How much do people practice with ther devices?

Please remember that those ( like many guns) are not "one shot stoppers)

I saw a bouncer use it on a fella once ,it just made the target madder.

I am sure you did your home work and am not here to disuade your families choice of personal protection.

Please consider reinforcing the situational awareness aspect as well, on a regular basis.
    Guns don't kill people , compounded interest kills people

Did Kimber actually put that out? I wouldn't be too keen on their "application model". An agressive individual will fugger you up, if you "fire #1, assess, step closer, fire #2...", especially if you send the first one over their head...

They have a few drawbacks IMO....

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=33206

Last edited by ALWILLIAM; October 5th, 2007 at 01:29 PM.

So are you giving them a shot from the Lifeact to ease the pain, Al?

This is by far the best weapon to give to somone if you do not want them to, God forbid..... hurt the violent thug trying to rape/kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by LAFLA View Post
    Bought the Kimber LifeAct for both my wife and son. She also carries concealed but this is great for dog walks around schools and bus stops that are so common in our neighborhood. Our son travels the southeast and does business in many areas where carrying is difficult so this works for him as well. Has anyone had to use one? I have concerns that your aim is important and it may not be as effective as it could be in a stressful situation.
    The video on youtube with the guy shooting the plastic glass does not show the wide spray pattern because of the lighting in the video. I bought two and fired it at a paper target about 7 feet away. The spray pattern spreads out about 12x12 inches so even if you are off on your aim you will still hit the target. If you need more than two shots of this stuff then things have gotten bad and its time to up your level of force.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Did Kimber actually put that out? I wouldn't be too keen on their "application model". An agressive individual will fugger you up, if you "fire #1, assess, step closer, fire #2...", especially if you send the first one over their head...
    Yeah I am not moving closer to the bad guy. In the video you cant see the wide spray pattern at 12x12 inches with the live unit. They need to come up with a better video that shows where the dark red amber liquid hits. If you buy a couple and try one out you will see that it fires much better than in the video.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks this is worse than a good quality OC spray.

With OC, you can 'walk' the spray onto the target. With this critter, you have two shots to hit the target.

I also am skeptical how much irritant is delivered to the attacker.

With OC, your canister can be big enough to deliver more on target and/or to engage more than one target. I don't see you handling two targets with this gizmo.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this seems more marketing to me than improvement in technology.

-john

The concept is high-speed delivery to decrease dispersion, which I'm not too sure of either. If it is fast enough to do that, its fast enough to tear a cornea, meaning you've "assaulted with intent to maim".

This can go back and forth. I'll just say, I haven't tried one and I'm skeptical. Stunguns were the rage, now they're more a bedroom toy than anything. The Lifeact may be the "new" OC, or.... I won't be the first kid on my block; I have other tools I have experience with and am confident in handling.

The concept is high-speed delivery to decrease dispersion, which I'm not too sure of either. If it is fast enough to do that, its fast enough to tear a cornea, meaning you've "assaulted with intent to maim".

This can go back and forth. I'll just say, I haven't tried one and I'm skeptical. Stunguns were the rage, now they're more a bedroom toy than anything. The Lifeact may be the "new" OC, or.... I won't be the first kid on my block; I have other tools I have experience with and am confident in handling.
    Another product that I like and have sold in the past is the Spitfire Pepper spray. www.spitfire.us Their formula is HPLC tested and is always hot. It is 10% OC with 1.25% Capsaicinoid with 200,000 at the nozzle heat. Concealed Carry Magazine had an article about it in this months issue. It has 4 patents and is refillable. What I also like is they have a gift box set that comes with an inert practice canister so they actually want you to practice.

So are you giving them a shot from the Lifeact to ease the pain, Al?
    yea..I would say that is a fair use for it.

I know a guy NO B.S. ....that has super bad sinus problems.He used to spray a bit of cap-stun OC on a q-tip and sniff it after he found that after a OC test spay when he had a insane headache that the headache was gone !

I also gave it a try when I had a BAD SINUS headache and it really is amazing.I really see this as the best use for OC.

It really works to relax the sinus..their is a real Scientific medical reasons why it works also. He wants to try the kimber blend.

He is well on his way to multi-millions beacuse of OC.

http://www.sinusbuster.com/?gclid=CM...FRe0hgodI2o5wA

Quote Originally Posted by ALWILLIAM View Post
    yea..I would say that is a fair use for it.

I know a guy NO B.S. ....that has super bad sinus problems.He used to spray a bit of cap-stun OC on a q-tip and sniff it after he found that after a OC test spay when he had a insane headache that the headache was gone !

I also gave it a try when I had a BAD SINUS headache and it really is amazing.I really see this as the best use for OC.

It really works to relax the sinus..their is a real Scientific medical reasons why it works also. He wants to try the kimber blend.

He is well on his way to multi-millions beacuse of OC.

http://www.sinusbuster.com/?gclid=CM...FRe0hgodI2o5wA
    That is good to know because I thought about ordering some sinus buster but I thought it was a gimmick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links