Kershaw customer service

Kershaw customer service

This is a discussion on Kershaw customer service within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Kershaw Chive I've carried for years. The torsion bar failed some time back, it won't quick open anymore. Yesterday when it came ...

Thread: Kershaw customer service

Kershaw customer service

I have a Kershaw Chive I've carried for years. The torsion bar failed some time back, it won't quick open anymore. Yesterday when it came open in my pocket I discovered the little blade safety lock had broken.
    I went to Kershaw's website and sent a message explaining the problem. Less than two hours later I had an email from them saying that replacement parts were on they way to me!
    Gotta love service like that.
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

I own several Kershaw knives for that very reason. They replaced one free of charge when a couple of screws loosened and fell out rendering the assisted opening inoperative. I got the new knife in less than a week after sending in the old one.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson

Hmmm, I've got a Chive at home that the lock fell out of... When it happened, I just put it away and grabbed another one. Perhaps I should see if they'll send me another lock?

Kershaw knives are the best cheap knife I've ever bought... and I've bought several of them. My current 'always on me' knife is a Leek. I don't worry about beating it up, chipping the blade, etc. If this one is damaged, I'll just get another one.

I've donated 3 of them to the TSA over the last few years :(
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Mo
    My Leek torsion bar failed after about 10 months, I sent it back for repair and they sent me a brand new one. I wasn't too impressed with the longevity of their knives but they have good customer service.

I'm a Kershaw fan. I've used a Rainbow Leek (the titanium oxide coated version) as a daily carry for about three years now. No problems & the finish is still scratch free.

Nick

I am never without my Kershaw Ken Onion Blur. I know there are better knives out there, but for the money it does everything I need it to do.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lead Moderator
    When I lost a screw out of my Blur they not only sent one full set of screws , but 4 sets free.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

That was quick! Got the parts today. Not only quick but they sent me two of each part I requested.
    When I took the knife apart I discovered the torsion bar was OK, it was just gunked up with old lubricant, crud and pocket lint. Cleaned it up, lubed it with some MiliTech 1 oil and it's working like new.
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Do they have some sort of sharpening service? I'm not really experienced as far as sharpening goes, and would prefer a proffesional job that's "razor" sharp.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Sponsored Links