hibben fans?

hibben fans?

This is a discussion on hibben fans? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; is anyone a gil hibben fan. i collected some of his throwing knives and hunting knives and wanted some others' opinions on his knives...

Thread: hibben fans?

hibben fans?

is anyone a gil hibben fan. i collected some of his throwing knives and hunting knives and wanted some others' opinions on his knives

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I have a hibben knife with which I have gutted countless deer. It is perfect for the job and well made. I think it is called the "Alaskan Pro Guide Hunter". It has a gut hook.

Some of the knives he designs look pretty bizarre, but from what I can tell they are functional and people like them.

They aren't as pricey as some other ones, either.

The problem with ordering knives is kind of like the problem you run into with ordering guns- - you don't know how it feels in your hand until you actually hold it and you can't tell how they perform or hold up until you actually employ them.

With knives, though, you might be able to return them if you do it quickly and haven't used them more than a minimal amount.

The Hibben knife I have is solid, has held up well and seems well-made- - a lot more solid than average, IME.

YMMV.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

all I have right now is athrowing set. They have good balence. Pretty nice. I also have a "Rambo Knife" Hibben design. But not Hibben made, even though Hibben is on the blade. Kinda neet though.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I have one Hibben designed Bowie, Hibben designed knives are sold by United cutlery. A Hibben knife made by him would be much more costly as is any other custom knife.

His knives are usually well balanced, although some are a little large and heavy.

i've handled some of his blades, like the throwers, the throwing axe, and a few others. i like the design of his knives, just wish they were made with decent steel. i own one piece, the claw, which is just a karambit with spikes on the ring. it would be near perfect but for those spikes.

Links