Taser parties (like Tupperware, only shocking)

This is a discussion on Taser parties (like Tupperware, only shocking) within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.local6.com/spotlight/14570961/detail.html Groups of women are gathering at homes across America for Taser parties, where the guns are presented with wine and cheese, similar to earlier ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taser parties (like Tupperware, only shocking)

VIP Member

Taser parties (like Tupperware, only shocking)

http://www.local6.com/spotlight/14570961/detail.html

Groups of women are gathering at homes across America for Taser parties, where the guns are presented with wine and cheese, similar to earlier Tupperware parties.

A host at the parties explains the value of owning a personal Taser gun and then women are allowed to look at and handle the devices, which include a metallic pink gun.

Lisa Rigberg, who hosted a recent Taser party in an upscale Arizona neighborhood, said the guns are a must-have for women.

"It's light, it's small and it comes in colors," Rigberg said. "But if you know you are going to be in a certain situation where you might be uncomfortable, why not have it with you? It just makes you more confident."

The new Taser guns fit into a woman's purse and are light, according to the Local 6 report.

Taser International, Inc., is selling the devices.
    "I will control my own destiny" being the theme. I'm glad they are interested in self defense, but, of course, I don't think it goes far enough. Why doesn't S&W or Glock host "handgun parties"? I know, I know... silly question.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Do they try em on each other? Is there a demo , like tupperware? Seems it would be better to host a self defense party and include the taser as 1 option.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    They are more interested in the colors it comes in rather than how to use it. It that small segment that was broadcasted nation wide, I saw a few critical mistakes... oh well. You can lead a horse to water...
    "Just blame Sixto"

Seems like a good idea, I sure hope safety is a large part of those parties, as well as the legal issues. I wonder how expensive those things are? Probably ALOT since basic black ones are kind of pricey.
    Eat a moose... 50,000 wolves can't be wrong.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy View Post
    Seems like a good idea, I sure hope safety is a large part of those parties, as well as the legal issues. I wonder how expensive those things are? Probably ALOT since basic black ones are kind of pricey.
    Those basic black ones are a much better tool.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    acutally a glock party or a sig party might do okay in an upscaled neighborhood in a pro gun state. market it as home defense and i'm sure you could get group buy rates. when 10 more more buy they are like 300 bones or somthing rediculous.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

This is an intresting concept if not a somewhat scary one........tasers in pretty, matching colors, etc. Sure hope some training goes with it.

After further review, a "Sig", or "Glock", or "whatever" party themed around self-defense in general might be a good thing...if done safely
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Makes much, much more sense than a Tupperware gathering. Whatever floats your boat, so long as people's eyes are opening to the benefits of being a tad more prepared. That's a good thing.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Or not:
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14535338/detail.html

ATLANTA -- An Atlanta man was shot five times when he used a taser to fight off a carjacker.

Officials said the incident happened Wednesday afternoon on Forest Park Road near Conley Road in southeast Atlanta.

Police were called the scene after receiving a call that a man armed with a gun jumped into the victim’s van and told him to drive. Police said the victim gave the man money but at the same time, he tasered the man. Officials said the man then shot the victim five times.

The van crashed into a tree after the incident and the gunman fled. Police are still looking for him.

Officials also said it is not a good idea to use a taser against someone armed with a gun, especially in a confined area.

The victim’s name and condition has not been released but he was alert when he arrived at the hospital.
    Sad in one sense, but my sense of humor may considered somewhat "off"...

^^ Well, appropriateness and timing affect everything, as that experience shows.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I saw it on the news. Maybe as a last resort for protection.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

It's better than nothing or screaming "HELP!!!" or trying to dial 9-1-1 whilst being beaten about the face...but if I had a choice and legal right to do so I would not select a taser as my only line of self-defense.
    Atleast though these women are recognizing the fact that something is far better than 'rape whistles' and than nothing at all.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

They only run about 350 retail. The air cartridges are about 15 for 2. Not a bad option if you can't carry a gun or aren't willing to use a gun for defense. I bought one for my wife cause she won't carry a gun. They will also replace a taser if you drop it and run after you start shocking a perp (it gives 30 second intervals). You just have to file a report with the police after the incident and send them a copy. Not a bad option.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    it gives 30 second intervals.
    You can't give them another ride for 30 seconds!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    You just have to file a report with the police after the incident and send them a copy. Not a bad option.
    Well, you also have to hope and pray that the BG has lost his incentive after the jolt, 'cause if he hasn't then you're likely to have a real time with one very angry BG. Big downside, that.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links