Defensive Carry banner

What Knife Should I Carry With My Glock

6K views 48 replies 46 participants last post by  crzy4guns 
#1 ·
I am just starting to carry and am feeling the need to also have on my person a knife to use in the event something should come up where another avenue needs to be taken. I will be carrying my Glock in a IWB. My dress is usually dress slacks and ocassionally I need to wear a suit or sports coat from time to time, etc.

What direction should I go for a solid, reliable knife? The state I am in allows me to carry a blade up to 3.9 inches.

Thanks for your help.

#34 ·
For the most part, anytime I leave the house, I have a Ka-Bar tdi knife and a SAK on. The handle shape of the Ka-bar allows it to be drawn like a pistol, and the blade is very municipal friendly, at only 2.31 inches long. Also, you can't beat the price ($25-30 before shipping). Even when I can't carry a gun (in a bar for example) I still carry a TDI and a Surefire or Coast tac light.

That being said, CRKT, Kershaw, Spyderco and Gerber make some decent, inexpensive knives that can be used for self defense.

#35 ·
It is difficult to beat the Spyderco model IV FRN Endura, fits well in most people's hands, fairly good lock, looks common place (not scary) and is low cost.

The Delica is too small for many people's hands IMHO but is an excellent knife for the right hand.

#37 ·
I have and carry Spyderco, Gerber and Ka-Bar

I carry the Gerber and Ka-Bar everyday

#44 ·
I have more knives than I do sense... there are several good brands to choose from. SOG is one of my favorites but I also carry a Columbia River Knife and Tool. :blink:

#45 ·
Went down to a store today that carries Kershaw, Spyderco, Bnechmade, CRKT and a few others. I liked the Spyderco Delica, the Kershaw Ken Onion and the Benchmade. The Benchmade was super smooth but the 90.00 chased me away. The Kershaw was just the right size and the 49.00 compared to the Delica 59.00 meant a took the Kershaw home. I really like it. It fits my hand well and the spring assist is great. Moral of the story, I wouldn't have known if I hadn't held them. Make sure you put them in your hand then decide. JM 2 cents :hand36:

#46 ·
Ya got to ask yerself one question.

What am I going to do with it?

Then page thru the Spyderco site looking at the stated uses and learn.

I got over 20 knives.

Self Defense -- (I am not a knife fighter but a knife defender) Spyderco Matriarch or Civialian - highly specialized, for cutting flesh or rope in emergencies.

#48 ·
Glock with a sidecar of blade

Right now, I carry a lockback freeby that came with an order from Duluth Trading Company...I plan to upgrade to a CRKT m-16 Tanto asap.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.