What Knife Should I Carry With My Glock

This is a discussion on What Knife Should I Carry With My Glock within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am just starting to carry and am feeling the need to also have on my person a knife to use in the event something ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Knife Should I Carry With My Glock

What Knife Should I Carry With My Glock

I am just starting to carry and am feeling the need to also have on my person a knife to use in the event something should come up where another avenue needs to be taken. I will be carrying my Glock in a IWB. My dress is usually dress slacks and ocassionally I need to wear a suit or sports coat from time to time, etc.

What direction should I go for a solid, reliable knife? The state I am in allows me to carry a blade up to 3.9 inches.

Thanks for your help.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Well... there are a lot of options. Dont fall into the all show and no go types. Stay away from those with tough sounding names too. They give them those names to cover up the trash they sell to you.

A good reasonable knife is Spyderco. I've bought one from the advice here, its a good knife. I'm partial to Benchmades though, but they are a bit spendy.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Lead Moderator
    I am partial to Kershaw, Benchmade and Gerber. Lots of options to chose from , as well as many other good brands. Maybe pick a few you like then ask if anyone carries it?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Moderator
    I'm no knife expert, but the one knife I have never been without for the last four years has been my little Kershaw.

The thing has done so much for me and it's beat up, but it still works like a champ. Even when I don't have my Ka-Bar on me, I always have my Kershaw Chive.

I have two Kershaw, Ken Onion, assissted openers...always have one of them on me...sometimes both!

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

take a look at either the Spyderco Endura or Delica with the wave feature. Good dependable knives for a price that won't break the bank.

Benchmade, Cold Steel, CRKT, and some Kershaws are great also.

My advice is to stay away from liner-locks.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

VIP Member
    I carry a spyderco endura...it has been a real good knike for me to work and play with...
    Last edited by simon; November 16th, 2007 at 07:38 AM. Reason: spell chk

please explain the difference between the endura and delica!.....lol

In Florida with a CCL switchblades are legal, so I almost always carry a 4- inch Benchmade switchblade, clipped in my front strong side pocket. When I’m dress in dress slacks, I carry a small 2.5 inch razor sharp Kershaw one finger flick open in my pocket. We travel a bunch and when out of state, I carry a 3 ½ inch Kershaw assist open instead of the Benchmade.

I’ve carried a knife since I was a young kid, and really consider it a tool, instead of a weapon.

I usually carry either Kershaw brand or Emerson.
    Best,
    Rhome
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

B52
    I love my Spyderco Delica, goes great with my Glock30. Really any good quality knife will work, but I swear by Spyderco. I sound like my wife, "these shoes look great with this outfit,"lol.

Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher View Post
    the delica is a smaller version of the endura. i'm gonna add another thumbs up for spyderco. they're great knives, and cost much less than other knives with lower quality. i recommend either model, with the wave feature.

Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    the delica is a smaller version of the endura. i'm gonna add another thumbs up for spyderco. they're great knives, and cost much less than other knives with lower quality. i recommend either model, with the wave feature.
    what he said...the Delica has IIRC, a 2 7/8" blade, the Endura is right at 4"
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

VIP Member
    KenpoTex is right on on the size...either spyderco Delica or Endura can be had for under $50.00...ya get a lot of knife for not much money me thinks...

I carry a SOG, spyderco, or benchmade depending on what I'm doing for the day. I love my SOG's as they have really stood up to all I've thrown at them. but the other two have as well.
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links