Benchmade Infidel

Benchmade Infidel

This is a discussion on Benchmade Infidel within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any of you got one of these beauties ? I'd love one... prob is they have smith and wesson custom shop prices !.......

Thread: Benchmade Infidel

Benchmade Infidel

Any of you got one of these beauties ? I'd love one... prob is they have smith and wesson custom shop prices !....
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

good looking knife, as are most benchmades. 350 bucks though, whew. i have 3 bm's as it is, but i doubt i'd fork out 350 for one.

War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I hate the name. Infidel is a relative term. To Muslims, people of other religions are infidels, and infidel is not an Arabic word. To Christians, Muslims are infidels, and infidel is a Western term. It's a trendy word, but by now it is a trite cliche'. IIRC, the Arabic translation of infidel is "kafir." Ah, but "kafir" transliterates into English as a negative term, "kaffir," a now outmoded and impolite term applied to native Africans in southern Africa. OK, rant over.
    Last edited by Rexster; November 25th, 2007 at 01:15 AM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Rexster View Post
    IIRC, the Arabic translation of infidel is "kafir." Ah, but "kafir" transliterates into English as a negative term, "kaffir,"
    It does, has been, and continues to be.

The Infidel is a DA OTF auto. You can find it for a bit less than MSRP, if you shop around, but its still in the same range as Microtechs.

Lots of money for a knife. I know, you get what you pay for.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member
    It is a pretty knife but at that price I rather have a WASR10 and not having to be close to the target
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    It is a pretty knife but at that price I rather have a WASR10 and not having to be close to the target
    Okay, but if you can slip a WASR back in your front pocket you're a tad taller than I am...

We offer forum members discounts on all BM knives. Drop us a line if interested.

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Okay, but if you can slip a WASR back in your front pocket you're a tad taller than I am...
    How come all the Robs I know are smart mouths?

"Is that a WASR in your pants or do you make adult films?"
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

You used to be considred a stud if you had a 2 shot.......

what %

Quote Originally Posted by C4iGrant View Post
    We offer forum members discounts on all BM knives. Drop us a line if interested.

C4
    if u can how much discount on the one for 177.00
    thanks

it's pretty obvious where the name for this knife came from. the explaination benchmade gave actually made me lose some respect for them.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

For whatever reason, they have removed the press release announcing the 3300 Infidel from their web site.

BTW, I hope things are going well at Ft. Huachuca. We are praying for your well being.

Bryan Lee's Blog about the "Benchmade Infidel!" made a big stink about the name and it's probably one of the reasons Benchmade took down their press release. I could kind of see his point until I read in his forum that he is an converted Christian from Arkansas and calls himself an "American" Muslim expatriate living in SE Asia. Now I think I kind of like the name. I'm sorry but I can't get worked up about the name. I like the design and have always enjoyed quality auto knives. I've quit purchasing them due to Oklahoma's laws against carrying them and I don't want to put my CCW in jeopardy for getting caught carrying a automatic knife. I've also got a problem with Benchmade and their going down in quality of steel on many of their knives. I love the Pika style knife and own 3 of the original design but made out ATS-34 steel. I've also got a Mini Skirmish with S30V steel and love it. Who needs an auto when these open just about as quick. But back to the Infidel, It's not a utility knife design. It's made for one thing at the US military's request and who are we fighting now? While the US military version does not have that name on it, it is probably more geared to the ninja mall owner if he can afford it. That is ok with me. I'm tired of people making excuses for making Muslims mad and Muslims not standing up and speaking out against the genocidal frenzy of many of their centers of worship. If the majority of Muslim places of worship would speak against the war against us Infidels or Christians then I might have a problem with the name. As for now, I'm not going to get excited and I'm not going to purchase one either.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Quote Originally Posted by ridurall View Post
    As for now, I'm not going to get excited and I'm not going to purchase one either.
    I'm more partial to the HALO anyway....

Links