Anyone lose their EDC knives?

This is a discussion on Anyone lose their EDC knives? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The first day I had my new leatherman tool I lost it. I found it months later in the couch, and I couldn't believe my ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone lose their EDC knives?

The first day I had my new leatherman tool I lost it.
    I found it months later in the couch, and I couldn't believe my eyes. Somehow there is a hold in the wood frame of the couch just big enough for the leather man and it managed to loge itself inside of it. It was only roughly .5 larger than the leatherman itself. How it got there I will never know.

2. Remove Ads

Ahem . . .

I guess that confession is good for the soul. Nine days ago I instructed SilenceDoGood about how to keep up with his knife. Today I lost mine on a plumbing job. Got to my next job, reached for the knife, and it was missing.
    I went to buy some camouflage pants, but I couldn't find any.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Never lost a carry knife. I carry a benchmade automatic...I'm always careful not to lose that one since it was expensive. I also carry a spyderco for work that might damage the blade or ruin my razor edge quick. I've found a couple folders though...a CRKT M16 and a S&W urban tactical camo HRT knife most recently. Both were dropped by grunts while I was flying in Iraq...can't really get it back to them since I'll never see them again.

I've only ever lost a swiss army knife. All my others I've never had any issues "losing". I seem to have a tendency to drop mine in the water while fishing. The swiss I lost is at the bottom of Boiling Springs Lake in NC. I almost lost the one I have on me now, but at the last place the water wasn't too deep and I dove in after it .
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I lost one - a Gerber Covert Folder that I used all the time. I was car-pooling in a co-worker's rental car, and couldn't carry it on me where we were going (due to "restrictions" aka metal detector), so I left it in the console. The only problem was I forgot to get it back out when we left, and he returned the rental that evening. I called them the next day, but it had already gone to the next customer, and when it came back from him, there was no knife to be found. I tend to be a little more conscious whenever I'm forced to leave my personal items anywhere now.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Back when I was out in heavy highway construction (man I wish those days), I was forever losing my EDCs. I ended up purchasing a few CRKT M16 Zytel EDCs so the monetary loss wasn't so bad. Now I no longer have that problem and the extent of using my EDC is to open my paycheck.

I used to carry expensive knives and kept losing them...then I bought a $3.99 knife at the army/navy...I've had it for 2 years......
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    My girlfriend lost her S&W tactical knife about a year ago. I finally found it while cleaning the living room. I had fallen into the couch and was wedged outta sight in the space between the back and seat of the couch.

Heh, that tired, were you?

Packinnova reminds me that I lost my Swiss Army knife that my mother-in-law got me when she was in Switzerland!

That one really ticked me off when I lost that one in particular!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links