Anyone lose their EDC knives?

This is a discussion on Anyone lose their EDC knives? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is the third one i have misplaced. I'm pretty heated....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone lose their EDC knives?

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar

This is the third one i have misplaced. I'm pretty heated.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Senior Moderator
    How are you losing them? Are they falling out of your pockets? Are you lending them to people? Are you putting them down after using them and then forgetting them somewhere?

I have never lost a knife that wasn't inadvertently buried in my purse, or in the pocket of a sweater wherein I find the little lost bugger six months later, or stolen by a well-meaning coworker who slipped it in his pocket after borrowing it and forgetting to give it back right away.

I almost always end up finding them though and this is why I have started carrying 2+ knives, and my self-defense knife will never be used for utility purposes.

The first two just fell off i assume. I really don't lose things that often, and am quite meticulous were i put things. This one i know i had and is in my house somehwere??? I tried doing transcedental meditation (no joke works most of the time) for like 10 mintues and retrace my steps, but i just can't find it. 50 bones down the drain until i find it in a year. ugh. any reccomendations on another one.. inexpesnive but decent quality.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Senior Moderator
    I've had my little $30 Kershaw Chive for about four years now. It's cheap and has been a pretty good companion.

Administrator
    Yeah, I lost my beloved Benchmade once... and found it some time later. I misplaced it in my office.

I bought a spyderco for EDC on the advice of this forum... its a great knife and not to spendy.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Do you clip your to your pocket?

...With the pocket clips on both of my Kershaw Ken Onion (assissted opener) knives...they are hard to lose...had mine for years!

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

i clip it IWB at 12:30. I'll check my truck agian. I'm bummed out, my back up is a POS "ROSTFRIE" folder w/ a serrated blade. Just curious, once i get my concealed permit, can i carry a fixed blade w/o no worries?

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDoGood View Post
    Just curious, once i get my concealed permit, can i carry a fixed blade w/o no worries?
    depends on your state's laws...some places you can carry a FB w/o a permit, some you can carry with a permit, some you can't carry even if you have a permit.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

This is the third one i have misplaced. I'm pretty heated.
    I use my EDC knife for general tasks when plumbing (deburring plastic pipe, opening packages, threatening pesky children, etc.), so it is likely that I will lose one from time to time, and I do. With practice, though, I've gotten better and have held on to my latest one for the better part of a year. But it is a mere Gerber Paraframe I ($20 at Lowe's), very well made, but not designed for fighting. But then, neither am I.

I always clip it to the same spot and regularly check to see if it's there. Maybe you should get a similar one until you see that you've gotten consistent in keeping up with it -- then spring for a Spyderco or Emerson.
    I went to buy some camouflage pants, but I couldn't find any.

I lost a CRKT M16 10KZ once but I had it clipped to my belt loop not on a pocket. I'm a lefty and I figure I lost it getting out of the car. The knife was light so it stayed kind of horizontal and I figure it pushed up against the seat as I was getting out and came unclipped...d'oh. I was only out $25 bucks but it was a great little EDC knife and I plan to get another. Right after that I got me a horizontal knife pouch from Raine Inc. It has 2 velcro belt loops so you don't have to take off your belt to put it on/off. The pouch was just $12 including S&H from militaryclothing.com. I haven't lost a knife since, knock on wood.
    There’s an old and true, military motto, “Si vis pacem, para bellum” - “If you want peace, prepare for war.”

we can sleep in peace... my sister took it to cut open some boxes... she said i left it right where i thought i did. nothing special but i had it razor sharp, and it sucks to lose.

i've lost a few knives over the years; i have a bad habit of putting them down and not picking them up. a couple have beeen due to crappy sheaths (which is why i now only buy folders from CS). i lost my HAK because it's so small, but i found it a week later. the worst loss was kershaw whirlwind. i have no idea where that went.

we can sleep in peace... my sister took it to cut open some boxes.
    Hooray!
    I went to buy some camouflage pants, but I couldn't find any.

BAC
    One, and only one. It was during a camping trip a few years ago. I'm still pissed about it. Smoothest folding knife I've owned, even if it was a pain to hone and sharpen.

-B

Lost only one. And I KNOW where I left it. Right on the fenderwell of a car trailer in NJ..... Didn't look for it until 400 miles later and somehow it fell off after the 446,237,236,634,673,446 potholes on the NJ turnpike :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links