The Sog Flash 2 Knife

This is a discussion on The Sog Flash 2 Knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; THE SOG FLASH II KNIFE I few weeks ago I was perusing a catalogue from Midsouth in search of some gun cleaning equipment when I ...

Thread: The Sog Flash 2 Knife

The Sog Flash 2 Knife

THE SOG FLASH II KNIFE

I few weeks ago I was perusing a catalogue from Midsouth in search of some gun cleaning equipment when I saw this knife at an affordable price.
    I had been hearing of the opening-assisted knives for some time, and decided that it was time to own one of them. What attracted me to this particular one is that with the side closing thumb-operated lever,there is no need to ever touch the blade and one hand can be used to open and close the knife (you close it by pressing the blade against the side of your body, while operating the side lever).

There is a clip on the right side of the handle that serves (excellently) to keep it on the top of your pocket. Deploying this knife quick is quite easy.

The blade is extremely sharp, and it locks solidly in the kraton casing/handle. There is no play of the blade at all when it is in the open position, and it only requires a very small push with the thumb to spring the blade open.
    There is also a safety tab which will lock the blade from opening; in the weeks that I have been using it, I havenít felt the need of keeping it on safety.

The other day I had to use it to field dress a deer, as I had forgotten my regular hunting knife in the rush of the early morning departure to the hunting area.
    The SOG Flash II performed like a hunting knife, and was just as sharp and the blade was still tight when the job was finished as when I started it, so I am very much pleased with my purchase.

2. Remove Ads

I carry the SOG Trident knife. It has the same blade deployment system.
    When I got it from SOG the lady showed me how to open and close the knife with one hand. And I mean one hand only not my body. I practice when I am watching TV. With practice you can get real good. Just be careful.
    To close for missiles, switching to guns.

I just bought the Flash I knife for my brothers christmas present. It is seems very nice. The knife has a very sharp edge. I am not sure how it will hold up. I will have to wait to see how it will last for him. Not bad for the 35 bucks I paid for it.

Now the Case knife I bought my father is really nice and sharp. I cut my shirt wiping the blade off. but thats a different story.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    They're pretty good knives. I have a Ti coated CE one with the anodized aluminum handle. I like how it rides real low in the pocket.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I've had the FlashII for about 8 years now. Mine is serated and has the black coated blade. I've done some damage to the blade but nothing serious. This knife has been used for everything and in everyway. My only complaint is that the area around the clip has been wearing over the last several years and the clip becomes loose often. I did break a clip and SOG sent me a new one free of charge.

Great knife, the most reliable one I've ever had.

Here are the pictures that are missing in my original post

Administrator
    I carry the SOG Pentagon Elite II but, the blade length is not legal in many states so research your respective state knife laws.

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I picked up a SOG Flash II a few weeks ago as my boot/ground knife. I wanted a backup weapon to go with my carry gun. Particularly I wanted a knife that could be operated one handed, especially my weak hand. The idea is that if it comes to it and I am in a situation where I am taken to the ground and I can take up a half guard position and pull the knife off my boot open and use the knife all with my weak hand. So far I love the knife. Light weight, fast opening, sharp blade and ease of use and the price is unbeatable.

i have a flash II and i love it, it's the most reliable and best made folding knife i've ever owned.

I have a SOG Twitch II and a Twitch XL Tanto. I like the way SOG put the clip on the but end of the knife so you don't have to flip the knife around when you pull it out of your pocket. How do you open the Flash and the Pentagon Elite? Do you have to use the thumb stud? On the Twitch there is a lever that you push to open the knife.

Links