Is this strange to you ? - Page 2

Is this strange to you ?

This is a discussion on Is this strange to you ? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kenpotex Total Protection Interactive Damn. Somewhere else to sign up....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kenpotex
    Damn. Somewhere else to sign up.

Ok in light of the posts I am going to probably get slammed as being to simple minded but here goes.

While I agree that teaching a child to defend themselves is almost mandatory today, I have to ask.... Your original question centered around a 13 year old child going to a friends, mall, out of town sporting and you being concerned enough about his safety to insist he carry some protection.

If your that concerned about his safety then why not accompany him to the out of town events (if you don't trust the other parents going), not allow him unsupervised in the mall, or have him change his friends. I am only asking not condeming or telling you how to raise your child etc. etc.

I face the same with a teenage daughter. I she has attended training and she shoots compeition with me regularly, but I still do not let her run free at the mall, roam around town with friends bored looking for something to do etc. etc. Even if it is going to a friends house I insist on having met the other parents first and knowing something of thier background. I just recently ended her "friendship" with another girl that became less than desireable. Maybe I am just a control freak.

Oh well just curious.

Steven

I would counsel the lad, that if he carries a knife, he should tell no one about it, and most certainly advertise the fact that he's carrying by playing with it in public.

It should be 100% covert if at all possible.

As already mentioned, an impact weapon is a much better selection over a folder. I teach Kubaton and both of my teenagers both carry min-mag flashlights which double as Kubatons. Nobody thinks twice about a kid with a flashlight and when used correctly will complete the task at hand most of the time (there is always times when running is much better).

Sad to say that people today do not accept a child carrying a knife as when we were childern (I am 49).
    Stay Safe,
    Kevin

CSSDSD Instructor
    ASP Instructor
    ACCJT Certified LEO DT Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links