Economy Wave Knives

Economy Wave Knives

This is a discussion on Economy Wave Knives within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been looking at some videos on YouTube of people demonstrating their wave opening knives and I'm impressed. Are there any economy knives with wave ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar

Economy Wave Knives

I've been looking at some videos on YouTube of people demonstrating their wave opening knives and I'm impressed. Are there any economy knives with wave opening features? I've seen the $100 and up knives that Spyderco and Emerson have to offer but nothing much cheaper. I'd prefer something in the $50 range if that's possible and it must have a nice hard blade on it.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I rock my Spyderco Endura 4 wave opener and LOVE it. Got it for 64$ at a gun show,and soon as my next paycheck comes in,I'm getting one for my weakside to match.

It is my first wave opener,but it was a good price,and its a solid blade.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Emerson came up with wave and licensed spderco to make a few versions if I'm not mistaking. I have the Emerson commander and although it is a top quality knife it is kinda big to carry all the time. I've been eyeing the new spyderco knifes with the wave and they are a little smaller for everyday use, and have seen them on net for about sixty dollars. Not knocking the Emerson, and although they make mini commander and mini cqc-7, spyderco is a good quality knife at a more reasonable price for misc. use.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Maybe try Ebay

i'd like to see one of those in person. i'm not so sure that having the blade come open while still in your pants/pocket is such a good idea. especially if using it in a defense situation.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

I guess I should have looked around the net harder. I can probably get one of the Spyderco knives for close to my price range.

Quote Originally Posted by phaed View Post
    i'd like to see one of those in person. i'm not so sure that having the blade come open while still in your pants/pocket is such a good idea. especially if using it in a defense situation.
    That's really why I wasn't wanting to drop $100 on one. It'd be nice to see what they do in person. I don't want to pay $100 for something that's going to gut me like a fish.

Quote Originally Posted by phaed View Post
    Do a google search of emerson wave demo on google, short clip shows demo. Knife cant open in pocket, it has a little hook or barb that catches on pants pocket and opens blade as it is pulled out of pocket in a down and back motion. That is exactly what it is intended for, a defensive situation.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    The hook is at the base of the blade, so when the hook snags on the edge of the pocket, the point and entire sharp edge are out of the pocket. But I can tell you from experience if you wear a loose cover shirt while drawing the knife, you can stab a hole in the shirt.

The Spyderco waved Delica and Endura have bigger hooks, the Emersons have smaller hooks.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I got my waved Spyderco Endura 4 off of Ebay for about $50, shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    But I can tell you from experience if you wear a loose cover shirt while drawing the knife, you can stab a hole in the shirt.
    I address that by carrying a 3.5" fixed blade, centerline, if I wear "untucked." The wave is a low-profile solution that retains its speed; fixed blades still rule in "readiness."

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    The CRKT Desert Cruiser "Special Forces" edition has a wave feature and you can find them on EvilBay for around $60
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Thanks for all of the advice guys. For $61 and some change (including shipping) I found a Spyderco Delcia.

http://www.thebladeshop.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=3047

Illinois knife laws are vague, so I kept it under 3" to avoid trouble. Also, since I'm a university student the blade needs to be under 3" anytime I'm in a campus building. If I like this knife I might purchase an Endura down the road.

i just got a new waved endura 4 for $60 at newgraham.com. Love it so far. very fast opening. no problems yet.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . .
    ----- Thomas Jefferson

NRA member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links