Survival Sheath Systems

This is a discussion on Survival Sheath Systems within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a neat place to check out. Lots of different stuff to look at & pass a little time on a Sunday Evening. More ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survival Sheath Systems

Administrator

Survival Sheath Systems

This is a neat place to check out. Lots of different stuff to look at & pass a little time on a Sunday Evening. More stuff once you get into their site.
    SURVIVAL SHEATH SYSTEMS
    CLICK HERE To Go To Survival Sheath Systems
    They have standard sheaths but, will design any custom sheath.

Also I am real impressed with this Triple Mag Holder on their shoulder holster.
    I might just stick with my leather Alessi Pull Through Shoulder Holster & put one of their triple mag holders on the flip side. That should really balance out a shoulder rig.

I can also envision their Chest Holster having certain decent applications.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Some neat stuff that triple mag holder looks quite the thing for a shoulder holster

Administrator

The Shoulder Holsters Look Nice For Kydex

No Retention Straps!
    To me...Two magazines never added quite enough counterweight to a full size full weight pistol over on the flip side.
    The weight of 3 fully loaded mags should be about right.

They've definately got some cool stuff. I've known about them for a while but haven't come up with a good enough excuse to order anything yet. I do like the double-shoulder rig that holds a tomohawk and a bowie knife...don't know when I could ever get away with carrying a combo like that but hey, it's cool.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Quote Originally Posted by kenpotex
    They've definately got some cool stuff. I've known about them for a while but haven't come up with a good enough excuse to order anything yet. I do like the double-shoulder rig that holds a tomohawk and a bowie knife...don't know when I could ever get away with carrying a combo like that but hey, it's cool.

Oh, yeah! That's what you keep in the bottom of your briefcase as BO gear! If you were "goin' Colonial" on someone's a** (or maybe contractor-convoy work in Iraq), that would be the rig to have.

Senior Moderator
    My experiences with shoulder holsters have been that if I use the belt straps, the gun is held a bit more securely but I feel like I'm in a harness and it definately impeds motion and range.

If I don't wear the belt loops, then I get a lot of motion of the gun and motion printing becomes a very real problem. I've pretty much retired my shoulder holsters.

Administrator

Tangle

I wear mine really high up (angled down from horizontal) & only about 1.5" under my armpit.
    It took me a lots of adjustment to get that firearm positioned exactly correct for me.
    I mostly use Alessi (pull through) Gunleather which has no excess bulk to the holster & no retention strap. It's a very holster style to draw from.
    Shoulder carry is just one of those things where folks will either love it or "not like it so much"
    Another problem for most people is practicing actual "Draw & Fire" since most ranges will not permit you to hot draw from a shoulder rig.
    Since I practice on my own property it's not a problem for me.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Hey Okshooter, the rig u questioned was made for some of the guys I work wif. When out there alone, in plain clothes, in a heck of a fight, you might want more than two mags. Several of us use his rigs and NEVER have the weapons or accessories come out. One of our PT gurus runs daily with the chest rig (weapon down) and it sticks like glue, but he can hide it wif his chest (I cant too dang skinny).

I have an order for mY 340PD. Great gear from an operator for operators.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig
    Hey Okshooter, the rig u questioned was made for some of the guys I work wif. When out there alone, in plain clothes, in a heck of a fight, you might want more than two mags. Several of us use his rigs and NEVER have the weapons or accessories come out. One of our PT gurus runs daily with the chest rig (weapon down) and it sticks like glue, but he can hide it wif his chest (I cant too dang skinny).

I have an order for mY 340PD. Great gear from an operator for operators.
    How do they wear ? Id think about getting oen for use with a Glock ..

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    No Retention Straps!
    To me...Two magazines never added quite enough counterweight to a full size full weight pistol over on the flip side.
    The weight of 3 fully loaded mags should be about right.
    Looks like a tie down on the mag pouch side would make a mag draw much easier anyway.

None of the guys I know use the tie downs. The chest holster is tight and sticks to the chest. I was amazed when I watched my partner running, doing situps, pushups and teaching the palaties (damm that **** sucks) with it on. It stuck to him like glue.
    Steve

http://www.andrewsleather.com/ Check out the FIREPOWER RIG and the "STROUD Ten Pack" I myself have Sam's Monarch rig with the optional knife sheath attached. I works extremely well with a 1911. I usually carry a Glock M27 in one of his Solo Rigs, I carry it fairly high and snug beneath my armpit. Good decisive draw.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Man I'd call and ask to have that replaced.

For that kind of money they ought to make it right.

Thumbs up Talk to Sam?

Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig
    I've been a fan of Andrews Leather and spoke to him several times, then finally broke down and purchased a Monarch rig for my Sig with a pouch for my Gerber Mark 1. When the package finally arived I was very impressed, till I went to work.

The thumb snap just didnt stay snapped and once (thats all it takes when doing dignatary protection for the SecDef) the terrifying feeling of my Sig slipping out while entering the chase car and finding it on the floor. I worked and worked with the snap and it just didnt seem to work.

Now it sits in the bottom of my leather drawer gathering dust. I do admit, I pulled off the shoulder strap and use it, but the holster/mag pouch and knife sit gathering dust.

I hope it was just a freak incident, but I cant take the chance. I'll stiick with my Galco Miami Classic for a shoulder rig.
    Yeah, did you talk to Sam about that? I had a sight issue with my IPSC Saddle holster and my old Glock M21. I changed to a Heinie tritium sight and it no longer fit the closure snap. Sam changed the configuration for free. No problem. It was a fairly complex little fix, too. Sam's a great guy, don't write his gear off until you see if he'll make the fix.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Actually I dont remember. I bought it back right after 9-11 and recall being real ticked about it, but just dont remember if I called him of not. I do know I bought a Galco a couple days after it fell. However since I'm not doing dig protection anymore, I dont use a shoulder rig much so at the bottom of the drawer it sits.
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links