Defensive Carry banner

My Favorite Carry Knife

6K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  KevinInstructor 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought an outstanding Knife from custom knife Maker Craig Steketee at a Tulsa gun show.
As durable as anything you can find, and excellent price. Blade is described as agressive -does not have to be serrated to cut tough things like rope or seat belts. The blade is forged by Craig and the finish work is second to none. You will not believe the sheath work unless you see it in person.
you can contact him at:

Craig Steketee
Stek Knives
871 N Hwy 60
Billings, MO 65610
(417) 744-2770
stekknives@cland.net

#3 ·
This thread is useless as an American Flag at a Cindy Sheehan rally without pictures. :king: :biggrin:

#5 ·
I carry an unnecessarily expensive Buck Mayo TNT - but I bought it as like new during a moment of excessive temptation (and weak will).

Truth be known, there are many out there that'd do as well or better - from carry POV - many Benchmades appeal and I actually yearn for a Kershaw Boa - mainly because of its great easy one hand opening and good lock up.

#6 ·
Yesteryear -Yellow handled Case Trapper.

SAK - Seems forever I have had one of these in my pocket along with the Trapper or Case Mako Shark ( lockback) or anything else I was known to carry

Current EDC - Kershaw Leek.

Still tote a Trapper from time to time - darn things work, always sharp, proven.

#7 ·
Razorwire, That's a fine-lookin' pig-sticker :biggrin:

My current EDC is a pair of dremel-waved Spyderco Endura's and a cheap little no-name for stuff that you're not 'sposed to use knives for (prying, turning srews, stripping wire, etc.) I'm waiting to get my CRKT Kasper-Polkowski Companion back. I sent it in to have it made double-edged (so I can use it for Pikal without losing the outer edge).

#10 ·
Nice Knife

Nice Knife there RazorWire - Forged Damascus Blade. whoa!
Looks like a great working knife that is very nice looking also.
That's one of the really nice features of Damascus Steel.
Since the blade edge is made up of higher & lower carbon steels they cut quite agressively since the edge sort of micro~serrates itself.

#11 ·
My knives are getting smaller.
I treat some of them as jewelry and I buy them for the handles.
It seems fewer places let you carry knives.
I've sold some of mine.
Many of mine are used to open mail and for sandwiches.
Most of them have their original edge.

#15 ·
RazorWire said:
I bought an outstanding Knife from custom knife Maker Craig Steketee at a Tulsa gun show.
As durable as anything you can find, and excellent price. Blade is described as agressive -does not have to be serrated to cut tough things like rope or seat belts. The blade is forged by Craig and the finish work is second to none. You will not believe the sheath work unless you see it in person.
you can contact him at:

Craig Steketee
Stek Knives
871 N Hwy 60
Billings, MO 65610
(417) 744-2770
stekknives@cland.net
This is your carry knife? Looks a little big for daily carry.

kenpotex said:
I'm waiting to get my CRKT Kasper-Polkowski Companion back. I sent it in to have it made double-edged (so I can use it for Pikal without losing the outer edge).
<HomerSimpson>Mmmmmmmm, Pikal<HomerSimpson>

#19 ·
On-duty it's an Emerson Commander folder.
Off-duty it's a custom Elishewitz Omega 5 folder. This is the knife that Benchmade's Elishewitz-licensed Stryker was loosely based on.

#20 ·
I've been a Case collector for over 25 years, & I've carried about every model folder at one time or another. But I finally settled on an automatic knife for regular pocket carry. I had one of the old italian-style push-buttons many years in a 2 inch length that I used to trim electrical wires when I was fiddling around. It always stuck with me how handy that auto action was. About 2 years ago I bought a new-style auto. It's a lightweight Paragon made with ATS-34 steel. It seems to be along the style of a MicroTech, but with a skeletonized handle. It has worked out pretty good. I like the easy one-handedness of it. I know there are some nice "flip" models out now, but I like the spring action. My CCW covers auto knives, as long as they are not the "blade separates from the handle" type.

#22 ·
Mine are

Emerson Karambit left side front pocket

Right side kydex holster, Spyderco Gunting

Each image is shown with others in my collection simply because I never took individual images.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.