I REALLY want to carry a fixed blade - Page 5

I REALLY want to carry a fixed blade

This is a discussion on I REALLY want to carry a fixed blade within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; SMC does not apply to you unless you live in the city of Seattle or plan on carrying in Seattle. SMC stands for Seattle municple ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I REALLY want to carry a fixed blade

Thumbs up Rcw 9.41.270

SMC does not apply to you unless you live in the city of Seattle or plan on carrying in Seattle. SMC stands for Seattle municple Code.

RCW 9.41.270
    Weapons apparently capable of producing bodily harm Unlawful carrying or handling Penalty Exceptions.

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

**** (2) Any person violating the provisions of subsection (1) above shall be guilty of a gross misdemeanor. If any person is convicted of a violation of subsection (1) of this section, the person shall lose his or her concealed pistol license, if any. The court shall send notice of the revocation to the department of licensing, and the city, town, or county which issued the license.

**** (3) Subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to or affect the following:

**** (a) Any act committed by a person while in his or her place of abode or fixed place of business;

**** (b) Any person who by virtue of his or her office or public employment is vested by law with a duty to preserve public safety, maintain public order, or to make arrests for offenses, wShile in the performance of such duty;

**** (c) Any person acting for the purpose of protecting himself or herself against the use of presently threatened unlawful force by another, or for the purpose of protecting another against the use of such unlawful force by a third person;

**** (d) Any person making or assisting in making a lawful arrest for the commission of a felony; or

**** (e) Any person engaged in military activities sponsored by the federal or state governments.

Crazy law, man, one reason I don't live on the west coast any longer. Get one of the larger Emersons with the opener feature that starts the process as it leaves your pocket. Fast as can be, and good, solid knives with blade styles to fit any need.

You guys realize this thread is over four years old, right?
    Spade115 likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links