Knife gun ?

This is a discussion on Knife gun ? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What do you think about a Knife gun? Knife gun I am not sure I would know how to use this. I might shoot a ...

Thread: Knife gun ?

Knife gun ?

What do you think about a Knife gun?

Knife gun

I am not sure I would know how to use this. I might shoot a box trying to open it.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

2. Remove Ads

I just cannot get excited about that type of weapon. Looks like a good way to shoot your finger off. I just don't see enough possibility for accuracy. If you could get enough accuracy, possibly it would work for Air Force pilots after ejecting but that is about it.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

man I thought it was going to be something cool like the little blade shooter Thomas Jane uses in punisher to kill Harry Heck...
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

If I have time to pull a weapon, Its going to be a gun that shoots bullets, not a knife that shoots bullets.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

It is actually a new version of an old idea. I have a Dagger Gun in my collection room that was developed around 1798. It is similar to the weapon that was on Three Musketeers. It is basically a dagger with a single shot black powder attached.

Looks like a solution in desperate search of a problem.....

I can't think of a single use for such a thing. Would probably sell well to the gee wiz mall ninja crowd though.....if only it shot throwing stars!

Um, actually the Mossad used to use something similar for up close, er, terminations.

The weapon was a double edged dagger with a .22 that fired down the flat of the blade after insertion to the hilt. A retired agent swore by the one he had used as being very effective up close. Said it was all about the expanding gases more than the bullet.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

That actually is one of the more "workable" designs I've seen, however, I'd still rather have a pistol and a knife rather than trying to combine them.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    Um, actually the Mossad used to use something similar for up close, er, terminations.

The weapon was a double edged dagger with a .22 that fired down the flat of the blade after insertion to the hilt. A retired agent swore by the one he had used as being very effective up close. Said it was all about the expanding gases more than the bullet.
    That makes sense, I'd imagine that the effect would be similar to that of a "shark gun."
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Would be an interesting crime scene, haha.

"Appears the man was shot, then stabbed directly below the bullet hole."

Btw, where do the bullets come out? I saw no barrel...
    Some people don't deserve saving.

....the water is almost at a boil

AMH
    This looks like the G.R.A.D. .22. It is classified by the ATF as an AOW. They are no longer produced, but you can get a used one for about $700.00 USD
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

Links