Puma Knives

This is a discussion on Puma Knives within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How are these knives? I noticed as other companies like Boker the German made knives are better than the ones from Tawaiin and China. Both ...

Thread: Puma Knives

Puma Knives

How are these knives? I noticed as other companies like Boker the German made knives are better than the ones from Tawaiin and China. Both of the companies have there nice German knives that are more expensive and they each have cheaper made ones from China etc. I personally have a German made Boker and it is nicer than the ones from Tawaiin. Although they do have some fairly nice boker knives from Tawaii for $40-$60 that are autos. I bought several and they are OK. Sportsmansguide has some Pumas from Germany I was looking at and that's how the thread started. Her is a link to one that is interesting.

Puma Damascus Steel Folding Knife, Knives, Puma at Sportsman's Guide

2. Remove Ads

Puma knives good knives, or at least the ones for th 60's were. The Puma White Hunter, Puma Bowie, and Puma Lock Back folder were all carried by military personel in Vietnam and they served well enough that some people gave them to other soldiers as they were rotating back to the states.

I have a Puma White Hunter, that I bought in the mid 60's for 25 dollars(a lot of money for a knife...back then).
    It's a heavy knife....and suppose to be good metal.
    Larry

I "moved-up" to Puma folders from Bucks & Gerbers back in the late 70's. They were smoother-opening, crisp-locking, better-fitted, German-made & carried a Rockwell ping-mark on the blade to assure the hardness was to spec (that was very impressive in it's day). I looked at some new ones a few years ago & was disappointed. They weren't near the quality of knife I bought & carried 30 years ago. Mine was a green-handled Puma "Back Packer" & my buddy (and ex-College Roomate) still HAS it.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Puma knives

Go with the old Puma's. Better made as others have stated. Best place to find them is E-bay. I still have my Game Warden that I bought in 1971.Paid $22.00 for it. I once traded a White Hunter for a Earl straight up. Only paid $28.00 for the White Hunter and the guy wanted $80.00 for the Earl.Gave the Earl to my Dad. Everybody was happy.

Links