Something new for me to carry :)

Something new for me to carry :)

This is a discussion on Something new for me to carry :) within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up a Ka Bar Warthog Folder, Tanto knife and man oh man I love it. The first day I got it I ...

Talking Something new for me to carry :)

I just picked up a Ka Bar Warthog Folder, Tanto knife and man oh man I love it. The first day I got it I put a very nice slice on my index finger. I didn't even feel it and the wife said thats what I get for being like a little kid with a new toy. LOL

Well I love how sharp it is and one never realizes how much a knife can get used. I would love to keep as sharp as it came. What are some good ways to keep it that way? I do not know one thing about sharping a knife so please explain for me. Thank you! There is a pic of it.
    Attached Images
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Don't use it as a screwdriver, prybar, canopener, hammer, wire cutter, and it will stay sharp for a long time

Seriously, there are some good sharpeners on the market and they are easy to use.

There is a thread on sharpeners on down this list.
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Lansky kit, up to 1000 grit stone and you'll get a razor-sharp edge every time (once you learn how).
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Links