Picked up a nice little blade......

This is a discussion on Picked up a nice little blade...... within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to WalMart and was browsing the knife case and decided to spring $20 on a CRKT M16-10KZ. I had heard of some folks having ...

Thread: Picked up a nice little blade......

Went to WalMart and was browsing the knife case and decided to spring $20 on a CRKT M16-10KZ. I had heard of some folks having trouble with the AutoLAWKS when trying to close onehanded....I find it easy. Go figure. Anyway, nice little knife for the money, the blade seems pretty tight with little or no rocking back and forth, and it opens nice and quick with the Carson flipper. Very sharp out of the box, I'm already giving cardboard boxes and rope the evil eye.

I may upgrade to a Benchmade later on but for now this CRKT will do the trick!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by whamonkey View Post
    Went to WalMart and was browsing the knife case and decided to spring $20 on a CRKT M16-10KZ. I had heard of some folks having trouble with the AutoLAWKS when trying to close onehanded....I find it easy. Go figure. Anyway, nice little knife for the money, the blade seems pretty tight with little or no rocking back and forth, and it opens nice and quick with the Carson flipper. Very sharp out of the box, I'm already giving cardboard boxes and rope the evil eye.

I may upgrade to a Benchmade later on but for now this CRKT will do the trick!

Oh the joy of new knives.. You never do run out of things to cut.

My wife and son gave me CRKT MT. WHITNEY for Fathers day 8 yrs. ago. It is still in great shape. I don't carry it anymore because it was my first Fathers day gift, but it is still worthy of being carried. I would say you got a good knife at a great price.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar

lower left:

(Courtesy of the manufacturer: click on a photo to visit their site)

I have a CKRT M16-14 (bigger tanto blade) that is my field duty folder, it has stood up to all the jobs ive used it for so far, althought it is a model without the Auto-lawks automatically coming on which i prefer.

Good knives, very popular with the military, it should serve you well.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

For the $ I've found CRKT to be a pretty good value. One suggestion, some of their older tanto-style bladed folders were chisel ground (grind angle comes from only one side of the blade). In my experience these edges are proned to chipping/flaking. No problem, however, with CRKT warranty making it good. I just requested a replacement model that was conventionally ground from both sides.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Do these have a frabe lock?? Whats meant by auto lock?

I picked up one of these a few months ago, for the money I couldn't beat it. The auto lock is an additional lock right behind the blade that engages when its open all the way. It also has a traditional liner lock. It is fairly easy to unlock one-handed once you get the hang of it.
    Info on the auto lock
    AutoLAWKS

I love mine but finally lost the pocket clip after about 6 months.

I debated putting loctite on the screws holding the clip......I'll let you know.

I do love this knife though......

CRKT makes a decent knife. In fact, their knives with the AutoLawks feature are the only liner-lock knives that I would ever consider purchasing.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

i got one of the wally world m16's to i had to loctite the screw that held the blade in it kept working loose but its been ok since i loctited it.
    Well hell yes its dangerous if it wasnt i wouldnt be carrying it!
    Beretta PX4 40sw
    SR9
    PF9
    Sig mosquito 22
    Keltec p3at

I got one of the M16's. I got it as a bundle by. The M16 and the Mini My Tighe. I LOVE the Tighe, and the M16 sits on my nightstand. I just can't get the hang of that AutoLawks thingy.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

The AutoLawks is really easy once you get the concept. First, press the little red lever on the back all the way down with the index finger. While holding it down use your thumb to move the blade lock out of the way (to the left). Once the blade lock is moved you can let go of the red lever with your index finger and use it to close the blade.

Sounds complicated but I think folks are under the impression you have to do all three at once. It literally took me 5 seconds after reading the little booklet. I like it.

Sponsored Links