Help me find a good defensive folder... - Page 2

Help me find a good defensive folder...

This is a discussion on Help me find a good defensive folder... within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like Gerber and CRKT. Either one of those fine companies should have something you like for under $50.00....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me find a good defensive folder...

I like Gerber and CRKT. Either one of those fine companies should have something you like for under $50.00.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Your TDI is legal to carry in VA, but I would recommend a Spyderco Endura 4 with the Emerson wave. I got mine off of Ebay for about $60 shipped.

I've got a CRKT M16-14SFA that I'm partial to, but I'm not sure it would be legal for you to carry that concealed where you are. I don't have an issue w/ my FL permit.

-JT

I've got to throw in my Kershaw Leek Assisted Opener (Ken Onion)...it's about the quickest knife to open with one hand...one-handed closing, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

With my CRKT, the serrated ends of the 'guard' act much like the Emerson Wave if you set the clip up right. Simply removing the knife from my pocket will open the knife. The locking feature is also very nice.

-JT

SOG Flash II

Check out the Benchmade Vex... $40.

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    My Favorite is the Paraframe
    Seconded. I love my paraframes to death, even if they've aged out of use. Perfect work knife (slim profile, good edge that holds for a long time, fairly sturdy), but keep in mind they are not defensive knives. They can be used in a tight spot, but they're less effective overall than you can do with other knives. Also remember that, like handguns, knives are very much a personal-fit tool/weapon. Some fit you, some don't, the challenge being to find the one that fits and has quality. Gun shows and places like that tend to have a bunch, so just fondle 'em until you find the shape/style that you like. Don't buy (unless you get a great deal on it), but use that knowledge to find other similar knives.

The TDI takes a while to get used to because it's definitely a different concept. I say hang onto it and if you're so inclined get a training course with it. Your mind might change.

-B

Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    Your TDI is legal to carry in VA, but I would recommend a Spyderco Endura 4 with the Emerson wave. I got mine off of Ebay for about $60 shipped.
    +1. I played around with my Endura 4 wave so much the top 3-4mm of the blade got chipped/blunted when it flew out of my hands and landed on pavement. Went to my local gunstore and the tip was re"tipped" for $3. Not as sharp as it was out of the box, but looks much better than when it was chipped.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . .
    ----- Thomas Jefferson

NRA member

VIP Member
    I have both the Spyderco Endura and the smaller Delica...they give you a lot of knife for the money spent...

Been carrying Spydercos 24/7 for about 12 years. I broke the tip off my first Endura after about 5 years, and then bought another one. Been using that same one ever since. Money well spent.

They are super light (I can't tell it's there), durable, sharp out of the box, and affordable. Just don't do stupid stuff like trying to use the tip of your knife as a screwdriver. :)

I have carried the CRKT Hissatsu Folder for about a year and can recommend it as an outstanding carry piece. It is quite reasonably priced and has performed quite well for me.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

You might consider the sog trident, I carry one daily and have put it through the ringer, at both work (Fire/EMS) and on the farm. The model I carry is the SOG Trident (Black TiNi) TF-1, I have carried this knife for about a year now and with daily use the edge is still sharp enough to shave with. The Assisted open technology ensures a fully opened blade every time it's deployed.

Kershaw Blur
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I carry the SOG Flash II and love it. I thought that I had lost it a few months ago, and I ordered 2 more, just to have a spare. Then, I found the first one in my car, it had fallen out of my pocket (not the knife's fault). So, I put one n my bug out kit, and I carry one, and I have a spare. I really like that knife!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links