Defensive Carry banner

Kershaw Leek carry in WA

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  matiki 
#1 ·
Would it be legal to carry a Kershaw Leek in Washington state specifically Island County?

#2 ·
RCW 9.41.250: Dangerous weapons — Penalty — Exemption for law enforcement officers.

...or spring blade knife, or any knife the blade of which is automatically released by a spring mechanism or other mechanical device, or any knife having a blade which opens, or falls, or is ejected into position by the force of gravity, or by an outward, downward, or centrifugal thrust or movement;...
RCW 9.94A.602: Deadly weapon special verdict — Definition.

The first defines what is illegal in Washington. I'm not familiar with a Kershaw Leek, so you can check the definitions here. All Washington counties will be the same.

The second has a little more specifics regarding carrying a knife and committing a crime, but seems to only apply if you have a knife and are caught committing a crime.

#4 ·
You'll need to check local municipal codes, but to my knowledge (IANAL) the county does not further restrict knives beyond what the RCW does.

I carry a Kershaw Blur in King County and I'm careful to keep it to myself when I venture into Seattle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.