Need special tool kit for Griptilian?

This is a discussion on Need special tool kit for Griptilian? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I purchase one, because it fit the bill nicely and then when I want to swap the clip over for lefty use, I see ...

Thread: Need special tool kit for Griptilian?

So I purchase one, because it fit the bill nicely and then when I want to swap the clip over for lefty use, I see I need to spend $12 on a tool set to do this. What kind of sense does this make, why not charge $5-$10 more and include the tools? And of course noone locally has one of these in stock so I have to order it.

Nashville, TN
    All you need is the small torx head driver, not the whole set. The pivot pin is a larger size though. I can't recall the exact sizes that Benchmade uses, it's been a while since I've needed to adjust any of my knives.

go to a .99 cents store and get a torx driver and torx sizes t-6 and t-8,, thats all the size you will ever need ,,,use those 2 torx sizes for every one of my knives ,,and i collect benchmades , kershaws,,spydercos, ect..the torx bits you can probably get at your local hardware store or home depot for .50 cents each,,,my whole set up cost me about 2.19 with tax included,,

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I bought a husky driver set from the Home Depot for my knives - both Spyderco and Benchmade use the the same small torx bits. This one has a gray plastic handle that stores three double ended bits inside, and the fourth stays in the tool head for a total of 8 sizes (all under t10 or t15 IIRC). Best of all, it was all of $7.

Metropolitan Detroit
    Sears sells nice individual Torx drivers for around $3 too. T6 and T8 are all I've needed for Benchmade, Cold Steel and CRKT knives.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links