But, What If They Came At You With A Pointy Stick?

This is a discussion on But, What If They Came At You With A Pointy Stick? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's the link to info I never considered until now- But, What If They Came At You With A Pointed Stick? - Say Anything Not ...

Thread: But, What If They Came At You With A Pointy Stick?

But, What If They Came At You With A Pointy Stick?

Here's the link to info I never considered until now-

But, What If They Came At You With A Pointed Stick? - Say Anything

Not only am I already stocking up on water, supplies and more ammo, but now, maybe I should should stock up on machetes, swords, spears and bows with many arrows.
    Last edited by bones; May 26th, 2008 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Repeated too many words
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

2. Remove Ads

sounds like something that would come out of the UK...

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Here's the link to info I never considered until now-

But, What If They Came At You With A Pointed Stick? - Say Anything

Not only am I already stocking up on water, supplies and more ammo, but now, maybe I should should stock up on machetes, swords, spears and bows with many arrows.
    You can keep those tools, I'll stock up on MORE ammo...
    Our world is turning sour with evil...a trustworthy gun can help sweeten things up...

Stay armed...with a sweet weapon...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

After this thread, I need to go watch Mad Max again

OTOH, like a member on another forum once said: "I am the weapon, anything else is just an accessory."
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Watch out for assassin toothpicks.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Is it one of those evil black sticks,if you attack me with a pointy stick you will of made a grave error in bringing a pointy stick to a gunfight....surprise
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Being completely serious, I have learned the hard and painful way to not disregard a pointy stick.

Myself and a friend were jumped back in 10th grade ('86) while walking home from school after track practice. It was four on two (us) and we were tired and hungry from a couple hours of track practice while the attackers were fresh. We tried to walk away and then talk our way out of it but things were clear, they wanted to fight. Our choice, take a beating and hope for the best toward not being injured too badly. Or we could fight. In those days and our neighborhood the street was not kind toward pacificsts and 'punks'. You threw down and that was that.
    So we did and we faired well. In the process though I turned my back on a kid that I'd thought/assumed was no longer in the fight. That was a mistake, and another life lesson.
    That kid was carrying on his person a pencil. He used that pencil to stab me in my mid lower back. It hurt like hell and I was lucky it didn't go in deep nor puncture my kidney. I spun not knowing what had hit me at first just reacting and went back to beating on him some more.
    I didn't realize I was stabbed untll I put my hand behind my back to feel the pain spot (I felt liek I'd been punched) and came up with blood on my hand. My buddy was the one who found the pencil on the ground with it's forward area having blood on it and my shirt punctured.

Pointy sticks in my book are a problem be they dull or sharp, if they are wielded in some manner against me.
    No different than a tree limb, which I have seen on the street a person literally rip off a tree and use in a fight to brain another, or a shoe or a book (both of which I've used int he past to defend myself with), or *.thing in the hands of a person expressing intent to do harm in the immediate.
    I have seen and myself used a a large ring of keys on a long looped string as a flail in a fight and in 8th grade on the bus I saw some kids jump a fellow student and crack open his scalp giving him a concussion by hitting him up side the head hard and with velocity using a simple wooden hair brush.

Below is more...

As reported by The Jamaica Gleaner

RAPE DEFENCE
    published: Monday | January 23, 2006

Nashauna Drummond, Staff Reporter

Keys held like this can be valuable weapons. Strike to the eyes or throat. Right: Walk with a pen/pencil in your hand used for stabbing.

ANYONE CAN be a potential victim of rape. However, by following these simple steps you can avoid becoming one.

Shihan Kay-Lyn-Cardenas (6th Degree Black belt-Master) Director of Fushin Karate system at the International Marshal Arts Institute at 25 Annette Crescent, suggests these safety rules.

Always be aware of your environment and surroundings

Never take anything, anyone and a situation for granted.

Avoid lonely places, short cuts

Always keep eye contact and ALWAYS REMAIN CALM.

Always expect the unexpected

Always follow your gut feelings

Things you can use to defend yourself.

Natural weapons: Teeth, nails, hands, heels and knees.

Targeted areas: Eyes, nose tip and bridge, temple, groin, instep and many more.

DO A SELF DEFENCE COURSE

You can also do a self defence course. Fushin's self-defence course begins on February 15, 2006. This programme includes very simple practical weapons, unarmed defines, evasive techniques etc.

In the event that a gun is used, remaining calm is your first step of defence.

Grab the wrist while turning your body which will put you out of the reach of the gun.

Grab the second hand and and pull your attacker completely around and to the ground.

If you are overpowered and on the ground, bring your knees up and thrust your pelvis to create a momentum while at the same time grabbing theattackers wrist and roll.

This will unbalance your attacker.

Follow through disabling your attacker with a painful twist of the arm.

From here you can snap the neck or disable your opponent with an elbow strike to the nape of the neck and make good your escape.

The story can be found at; Jamaica Gleaner News - RAPE DEFENCE - Monday | January 23, 2006
    At an early age when I was still a 'shorty' my mom told and taught me that _"everything"_ is a weapon. Everything. And she was not wrong as I grew up to find out and see as well as experience first hand.
    Today I am in a different day, different time, and different neighborhood but the world is same and survival remains job #1.

- Faber Castell
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

i think when i finally save up enough for an ar-15, i'll be buying private party--no paper trail to the feds, so i'll have it when i need it.

i'm thinking about buying several sks/ak's (private party), vacuum packing them, as well as about 1,000 rounds of ammo for each, sealing them in PVC tubes, and burying them in the woods around my hunt club property.

as far as them coming at me with "pointy sticks", i'm deadlier at 25 yards with my bow than i am with a pistol, so as long as they stay legal i'll be carrying one around, with a ka-bar BUK lol.

Before we had spears with chip flint tips, we had sharp pointy sticks that we utilized to kill animals to eat, and to kill others of our own species for whatever reasons.

We still use pointy sticks - look at campers, they're driving a stick into solid earth. We still carry pointy stick, granted made out of steel, but we still carry pointy sticks.

If they're using anything in their hands, it is a deadly weapon in my book. If they are using their hands, it is a deadly weapon in my book.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Quote Originally Posted by mrhutch View Post
    i'm thinking about buying several sks/ak's (private party), vacuum packing them, as well as about 1,000 rounds of ammo for each, sealing them in PVC tubes, and burying them in the woods around my hunt club property.
    When the time comes that you're burying your guns, the time to use them has long past.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Quote Originally Posted by mrhutch View Post
    i think when i finally save up enough for an ar-15, i'll be buying private party--no paper trail to the feds, so i'll have it when i need it.

as far as them coming at me with "pointy sticks", i'm deadlier at 25 yards with my bow than i am with a pistol, so as long as they stay legal i'll be carrying one around, with a ka-bar BUK lol.
    Me, I'm going to take this article to heart and vacuum pack a good set of kitchen knives. When the UN cutlery confiscation teams come 'round they can have my cheapo wal-mart set. I'll be the only guy in town with a Wusthof set!

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    When the time comes that you're burying your guns, the time to use them has long past.
    i mean to do that so i will have them when the time comes, after they have outlawed guns and began the door-to-door seizures. i'll be out of my house by the time they get there and ready for them with others by the time they find me. no sense in taking on a SWAT team/UN confiscation team/whatever alone when i can go find a small army to help me.

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    OTOH, like a member on another forum once said: "I am the weapon, anything else is just an accessory."

Links