New EDC Knife

This is a discussion on New EDC Knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by semperfi.45 I prefer the Commander blade over the CQC. Check out the Usual Suspect Network to get your knife fix. They have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New EDC Knife

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    I prefer the Commander blade over the CQC. Check out the Usual Suspect Network to get your knife fix. They have the Suspect Sanctum which is dedicated to Emerson's.
    I actually cross posted this in the Suspect Sanctum, right after getting Emersonaholic #1010!

Thanks for the ref.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    Great choice. I EDC a Mini Commander. The Emerson Wave is hard to beat. I think my next will be a Karambit or a LaGriffe.
    The wave on the Spyderco Delica, Endura, or P'kal works better (and all of them are cheaper than the Emerson products)
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    The wave on the Spyderco Delica, Endura, or P'kal works better (and all of them are cheaper than the Emerson products)
    Can you elaborate on what makes them better? Are they faster? Easier to deploy?

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Congratulations.......very nice!
    You could always drill and tap extra holes where you want them. It's tricky but not impossible.

I've always liked the Emerson CQCs and Commanders, just haven't gotten around to buying one yet ... someday maybe.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Pete10 View Post
    Can you elaborate on what makes them better? Are they faster? Easier to deploy?
    The wave on the 3 that I mentioned is bigger than the wave on the Emersons. As a result is does a better job of hooking the pocket making for an easier (less effort to master the proper drawstroke), and more reliable (greater chance of the larger hook grabbing the pocket) opening.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Always liked those. Never bought one. Wish it had a reversible clip. I'm a lefty. Suppose I could get used to it "backwards", I've done it before.
    Emerson offers a lefty clip as an option. They'll make a left handed knife(liner lock on the correct side for us) as a special order item.

I've gotten into knives recently but STOPPED after getting a few. The few that I have are:

Spyderco Endura Wave

SOG Flash II (assisted opening)

Kershaw Ken Onion Rainbow Leek with Speed-Safe (assisted opening).

I like all three and for varying reasons. I carry the Spyderco mostly, because I can whip it out readily and it has a nice blade. Some say that it's quicker than deploying an auto-knife.

I STOPPED getting knives because I honestly don't know what I'd do with all of them, and don't know how to knife-fight anyway. They're just another thing to carry for peace of mind and for everyday use.

My interests have now be diverted to OC (pepper spray), something, I believe, that would nearly render carrying a concealed firearm unncecessary, unless someone pulls a gun or knife on you first, and it's likely you're in deep doo-doo if that happens anyway...
    anyway, there it is...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links