I want an automatic knife.

This is a discussion on I want an automatic knife. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; +1 on the Kershaw. I have a Blackout model with assisted opening (pretty fast for $59)...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want an automatic knife.

+1 on the Kershaw. I have a Blackout model with assisted opening (pretty fast for $59)

2. Remove Ads

ink
    i started collecting switchblades as a teenager (dont ask me how or why) but they are illegal to carry in virginia so they mainly stay in a mini lockbox in my underwear drawer

Around Kansas the switchbalde laws are what I'd call lack. Technically they are illegal, but the only time I was asked to see a badge is when I was ordering my infidel. Benchmade makes a very nice, reliable switchblade. I have a benchmade AFO I have been carrying that I've been very happy with that. That being said I'd check your laws to make sure you will be alright before carrying it around. Im 99% sure you woukd be ok, but I would hate for you to fall into the 1%. By the way, I paid $135 for my AFO, and I think its worth every penny.

Try an auto-assist knife. They are usually legal where switchblades are not and work just as well. Try this place. I've bought two from them. Very inexpensive but they work and do the job. If you should loose it, who cares at these prices.

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/...store14-y.html
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Great Cheep Auto knifes.

Hey,
    Take a look at BladePlay.com, They are very safe web site and have great cheep kifes, I bought douzens of them from this web site, I gave them out insted of cigars guys who came to visit my son when he was born. and also traded some for a tattoo sleeve. I had them mailed to MASS, USPS shiping is free with this website.This is one of the states where they are really illegal, The law states when buying Auto knifes on the internet that as long as the sellers state Auto kifes are legal then it is up to the buyer to check the laws in his or her state. There for do not carry out side of your home.
    Hope this helps.

Rob From MASS

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    I've always wanted a switchblade, but I don't need anything real fancy or expensive. It probably will be more a 'toy' than anything else.

Any suggestions of where to look and what to look for
    where at in North Dakota are you from If you are anywhere close to Minot I would Suggest Going to Klix He has a store in the mall and he sells quite a few in all price ranges I would suggest the Boker Automat Kalashnikov 74 I own one and it is a very good knife

The SOG t series is a great one. Fully auto and well built for just about $100

I got mine on Gunbroker.com

I had a dealer friend order an Hubertus (German/Solingen) from an ad in SGN.....Top quality w/stag scales & really holds a sharp edge. Price was well under a C note.

As I recall the distrubutor was a Tex. corp..............Anyway, check 'em out if your dealer stocks them.

Last time I was in Gatlinburg TN there was a shop that had a display case full of switchblades, most in the $20-$100 range. I thought they had been outlawed but evidently not at least in TN. I know you are a long way from there but I thought it was interesting.

I own a few auto knives and I find it faster to open my Spyderco because most of my auto knives have a safety or on my Czech it has a lever that must be pryed up first. I can flick my Spyderco or with my one thumb open it in one hand.
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Boker is making some fine little auto knives that dont look like switchblades . The steel is on par with Chicago Cutlery kitchen knives so it isnt the best , but not the worst either . I have had a few for a couple years , and so far if you keep them lubed they run . Note tho that i dont carry them in " public " . I carry them on the ranch to cut such things as bale twine , and an occasional piece of wire .
    where do you find these Boker Automatic knives? I have been looking for them but have found only "Button Locking System" with no spring.
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duisburg View Post
    where do you find these Boker Automatic knives? I have been looking for them but have found only "Button Locking System" with no spring.
    I found a Boker from wholesale knives automatic knives switchblade knife spring assist knife assisted opening knives wholesale self defense stun guns wholesale swords wholesale fanatsy knife wholesale martial arts ninja weapon
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

So you bought one of these "Converted For Automatic Opening" knives? How did they convert them and is it a slick operating conversion? A beer is on me for your answer!

I would add Masters of Defense to the list of good name brand automatic knives. I have had one since 2000 and I carried it for about 5 years. It isa great knife. The spring eventually failed, but I contacted the manufacturer and sent it back. They installed a new spring and sharpened the knife for free. If the knife I got back in the mail had not had some of the same scratches on the handle I would have thought it was a new knife.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links