There needs to be regular searches... young male adults and teenagers need to get sto - Page 2

There needs to be regular searches... young male adults and teenagers need to get sto

This is a discussion on There needs to be regular searches... young male adults and teenagers need to get sto within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Eagleks Laws like this.... don't prevent the crime, nor solve the problem. Sure they do. They lock the tax base into enclaves ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Laws like this.... don't prevent the crime, nor solve the problem.
    Sure they do. They lock the tax base into enclaves dependant on the Government for basic needs (security) and tacitly agree to sacrifice a few constituants annually to keep the fear in the public eye. The BGs are free to run rampant, but also contribute to the tax base. Feudal economics.

When I was in HS it was very common for folk in woodworking and industrial arts classes to make shivs out of cut and shaped plastic (2-4mm thick lucite) and wood.
    The lucite was supplied to us in sheets with paper backing on both sides. You draw out your shape and then get to cutting with a bandsaw then finish the surfaces with a mounted belt sander. Making knives from pine wood worked similar. All one needed was desire and one class period of time. That was 1984 to '88.

What will England do tomorrow when the criminals and like minded kids stop using conventional magneto or radiation emission detectable materials like wood and plastics?

- Mac The Knife
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

[sarcasm]

until they ban #2 pencils, we won't be safe!

* If elected Emperor of the known universe I pledge to make this word safer by banning all #2 pencils! For pointy sticks that can be concealed in pocket protectors are a danger to public safety! *

[/sarcasm]
    Mindset - Tactics - Skills - Equipment
    http://www.ingunowners.com
    W9ZEB dot Org

VIP Member
    I doubt they'll get much objection to the searches.

Remember, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    When I was in HS it was very common for folk in woodworking and industrial arts classes to make shivs out of cut and shaped plastic (2-4mm thick lucite) and wood.
    The lucite was supplied to us in sheets with paper backing on both sides. You draw out your shape and then get to cutting with a bandsaw then finish the surfaces with a mounted belt sander. Making knives from pine wood worked similar. All one needed was desire and one class period of time. That was 1984 to '88.

What will England do tomorrow when the criminals and like minded kids stop using conventional magneto or radiation emission detectable materials like wood and plastics?

- Mac The Knife
    I was going to ask what school you went to where they were making shivs, but then I remembered that I went to HS the same time (84-88) and we were allowed to bring knives so no one had to make them. Until one kid tried to stab another and then they banned knives.

Heck, back in 8th grade, my teacher needed to cut some rope and asked if any of us had a knife. I handed her mine, she used it and gave it back.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    my vote!

So now you want me to believe there can be crime without guns
    Fast forward : Bats are the new knives, baseball is against THE LAW
    Actually...looks like bats aren't enough for them either...See this article from Dec 2006:
    Police told me my cricket ball was 'a potentially lethal weapon' | Mail Online

'But when I was stopped after work, I was just holding the ball going up the escalator. There was a policewoman on the step below me and she was staring at the ball all the way up.

'As we got to the top, she tapped me on the shoulder and said she wanted a word. I wondered what on earth I had done. She asked if I was aware I was carrying a very hard object and I said, "Yes, it is a cricket ball".

'She told me I should not be carrying it in public because it was a potentially lethal weapon.
    I told her I was only carrying it because the Ashes were about to start and I was very excited.

'I was wearing a boring suit and looked every inch the bean counter I am. It is not as if I was unshaven and looked dangerous.

'But she confiscated the ball for most of our conversation, gave me a verbal warning and said she was being very lenient.

'She filled out a stop-and-search form and finally gave the ball back at the end and sent me packing.'
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

the problem with knives in Briton started one second after the stupid, lame,English government outlawed all firearms.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

I'm telling you, Eventually people will wake up and realize if it's not guns, it's knives. If not knives, then cricket bats, framing hammers, baseballs, tennis rackets, #2 pencils, Bic Pens, etc.

People are the problem, NOT the tools used by those people.
    Mindset - Tactics - Skills - Equipment
    http://www.ingunowners.com
    W9ZEB dot Org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links