There needs to be regular searches... young male adults and teenagers need to get sto

There needs to be regular searches... young male adults and teenagers need to get sto

This is a discussion on There needs to be regular searches... young male adults and teenagers need to get sto within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As you have have heard, knives are the new guns, as far as British scare media is concerned. A comment on the article that they ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

As you have have heard, knives are the new guns, as far as British scare media is concerned.

A comment on the article that they posted: "There needs to be regular searches, young male adults and teenagers need to get stopped and searched. I would not object to that if it saved lives."

Excerpts from the article:
    " New measures are being used by police to search for knives using hand-held and walk-through metal detectors. ...

Sir Al said on BBC Breakfast: "There is a balance here. On the one hand for young people to feel safer by having the presence of the police - but on the other hand making sure the new powers don't create further antagonism by increased stopping and searching.

Metropolitan Police Deputy Commissioner Rose Fitzpatrick said officers' work was intended to make young people feel safer, as well as actually making them safer....

Under the Metropolitan Police's plans announced this month, officers can search people without reasonable suspicion under Section 60 of the Public Order Act.

The first team of 15 officers has already been deployed to an unidentified London borough.

Another five to 10 teams will take to the capital over the next 10 days, and will target areas where intelligence suggests youths are more likely to carry weapons. "

Read the article at BBC NEWS | UK | Warning on new anti-knife powers
    And the discussion at BBC NEWS | Have Your Say | How can we tackle knife crime?

As someone with two proper knives and a swiss army knife on my person most of the time, this all seems a bit silly and more than a little scary. Public order act? Goodness.

wow.. what's next? I'm glad to live in the United States.
    Heavily armed.
    Collection: Kahr CW9, M&P 15-22, Walther P22, Glock 19.
    Sold: XD9 4'', Kimber 1911 Series II compact, FNP-9
    Shopping list: Springfield EMP 9mm, M&P 15 .223

Did they really say Public Order Act?? Orwell's estate should be getting royalties off of this kind of stuff.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

can't really say I'm too surprised...
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I can't believe I actually wanted to live in England at one time. You would think that for an old country who used to be an empire England would have more freedoms. Just goes to show the power of Liberalism. I can't imagine living under such violations of basic human freedom. They got rid of all the guns, then they installed 1 million surveillance cameras and yet they still have crime. Now they wanna get rid of all the knives. What's next....hammers?
    NRA Member

They can pat me down for knives...

...but I get to reciprocate with a body cavity search using a firehose.

-JT

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Orwell's estate should be getting royalties off of this kind of stuff.
    +1.

You can bet money this "Bad American" won't be visiting Britain anytime soon, if ever.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar

Yeah, they said Public Order Act. Sort of reminds me of the hypocrisy of our "Patriot Act".

What are they gonna do when they round up all the steak knives?
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post

Yeah, they said Public Order Act. Sort of reminds me of the hypocrisy of our "Patriot Act".

What are they gonna do when they round up all the steak knives?
    Don't you know that cows are ruining our environment? You don't need a steak knife for tofu.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Don't you know that cows are ruining our environment?
    That's why I eat them. I'm just doing my part to save the planet from these horrible creatures.

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    Don't you know that cows are ruining our environment? You don't need a steak knife for tofu.
    That's actually true. I don't eat them. I'm doing my part to not contribute to the destruction of our environment.

Last time I was in Canada.... "gangs" were robbing and killing people with sawed off baseball bats. People will use steel bars, pipes, and about anything else as a weapon... can't outlaw everything. Hell, they may just start running over people with cars.... what then ? Laws like this.... don't prevent the crime, nor solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    That's why I eat them. I'm just doing my part to save the planet from these horrible creatures.
    my vote!

So now you want me to believe there can be crime without guns
    Fast forward : Bats are the new knives, baseball is against THE LAW
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Ever country has morons.........looks like the BRITS are a country of MORONS.........they must be fertilizing them.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalCompact View Post
    That's actually true. I don't eat them. I'm doing my part to not contribute to the destruction of our environment.
    I have to ask....

Do you or your family drink milk or eat cheese?
    Do you own any leather products?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links