Good deal?

This is a discussion on Good deal? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i was looking around the internet, and as i was checking the Kershaw site i saw the LEEK knife and noticed the msrp was $70, ...

Thread: Good deal?

Good deal?

i was looking around the internet, and as i was checking the Kershaw site i saw the LEEK knife and noticed the msrp was $70, then remembered that i had just saw one at the sporting goods store for $45. pretty good deal or no?

i pretty much made up my mind to buy it(on cost), but could someone give me some input on durability, cutting ability, and edge life?
    Guns don't kill people, Husbands that come home early kill people.

2. Remove Ads

I don't own one because for me, the handle is just a little too small. Aside from that, they seem to be pretty good knives and everyone I've know that has one really likes it.

IIRC, Wal-mart sells them for about $35.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

$45 is fair for the basic Leek. That's a typical price. Not a bargain but a good end buyer price.

Wally World is a touch cheaper... I don't think they're $35 cheap, but I've never seen a plain edge Leek at Wally World and I loathe serrations. The Chive may be around that price or a little cheaper but surely not the Leek...

I've had two. Traded the first one just got another one. It's a good knife for its price range. It feels a little small to me too but I mostly carry it for utility. The Wharncliffe blade is easily sharpened, I just stroke it on a ceramic rod a couple times a week.

It holds up well and is well made. I did a sort of mini review here on it a while back when I bought my second Leek.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ead.php?t=5057

I gave my dad a LEEK for his birthday a few months ago, and he loves it. He's into carving various wooden things, and is constantly using the knife. His report is, the knife is the best folder I've ever given him.

Assistant Administrator
    Lots of Kershaw stuff HERE.

I handles a BOA a while ago and really want one of those - superb slick opening. Pricey tho, but have seen it cheaper than on the site mentioned.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Lots of Kershaw stuff HERE.

I handles a BOA a while ago and really want one of those - superb slick opening. Pricey tho, but have seen it cheaper than on the site mentioned.
    I bought mine for $90. I don't know how much s&h would add, tho.....

The Boa is the best Kershaw made. Extremely refined, for a production model. Blade/handle ratio seems a bit off, at first, but it really melds with you when you use it. I haven't handled the Bump, yet....

Links