I'm ignorant. Help.

This is a discussion on I'm ignorant. Help. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ... is a flat, lightweight, 3 inch bladed beauty that comes in different coatings and shades. For a more full size knife, the CRKT M16-14SF ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm ignorant. Help.

Kershaw Leek ...

... is a flat, lightweight, 3 inch bladed beauty that comes in different coatings and shades.

For a more full size knife, the CRKT M16-14SF is a well made tough tool.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I carry the SOG Spec-Elite II and it is by far the best Tactical Folder I have ever owned. It can be opened and closed single handed with a flip of the wrist and has a handle you can really hang on to. The big thing when considering this knife is the law in your area... it's got a 5" blade!

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    If you train in knife fighting, you will learn in some styles that you don't just poke a blade in and pull out.
    The object is to push the blade in and cut your way out. The knife only needs to be strong and very sharp. Serated blades do this well. Serated blades also will let you slap the blade against a arm and they will dig to the bone and hang on letting the pulling action from the knife holder do a tremendous amount of damage.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

While I am getting used to the tip-up design of my Benchmade Griptilian I prefer the tip-down design of my old Benchmade Stryker when carried by the clip in my trouser pocket.

I got the Griptilian with modified sheepsfoot as a work knife to replace my Stryker which I lost on the job over a year ago.

As a defense knife, the modified sheepsfoot isn't the best design for puncturing but will get the job done if needed. I got it more for the better utility use on the job as a paramedic. I love the Griptilian for that capacity.

Still my favorite all around defensive folder was the Benchmade Stryker with the modified tanto blade.

It carried tip down in my pocket which I could deploy lightning fast using nothing more than a flick of the wrist using only centrifugal force without even touching the thumb stud. This also made the blade lock open with a very positive and forceful click of the titanium liner lock.

The handle design was solid and non slip. (blood is very slippery on a knife handle and this knife is very tactile and affords a good grip) Also the handle fills and fits the hand perfectly when using a reverse grip as well.

Also the Stryker weighs more with a little more heft in the hand than the ultra light weight Griptilian.

Since I have never used a knife for defensive purposes before, including my Stryker, when I replace it this summer, I will be getting the new Nitrous Stryker with a Spear Point instead of the Modified Tanto. For utility use, a spear point will be much more useful than the tanto has been in the past but still strong and pointed enough for penetration.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links