Anybody Own Any FALLKNIVEN Knives ?

This is a discussion on Anybody Own Any FALLKNIVEN Knives ? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is your opinion of their laminated steel blades? How rigoriously have you tested your knife if at all?...

Thread: Anybody Own Any FALLKNIVEN Knives ?

Administrator

Question Anybody Own Any FALLKNIVEN Knives ?

What is your opinion of their laminated steel blades?

How rigoriously have you tested your knife if at all?

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

No rough stuff for my knives, I would not want to break the plastic hilt on them! Seriously I would really like to get one, now if can only figure a way to sneak it past momma. They are very well built knives from what I gather and would make any owner proud.

I especially like the G1 Garm Fighter model.
    God bless our troops!

Don't own one but from everything I've heard (and seen, from handling a few) they are top-notch.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

V8

I love them have nothing negative to say about the knives love the laminated VG10 steel but then i am swedish so there might be some extra love because of that
    From November 2000, the black versions of mod. F1 and S1 are tested and approved for use by air crews in the US Marine/US Navy. With knobs on they met the tough requirements for function, design, strength and reliability which Naval Air Warfare Center had put up and that´s why Fallkniven AB, as maybe the only European knife manufacturer, that has the capability to deliver survival knives to the US Marine/US Navy. Since 1995, the Fallkniven model F1 has been the official survival knife for all pilots in the Swedish Air Force.
    Welcome to Fallkniven
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

I don't own one, but I'd like to some day. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Administrator

Thumbs up

Some good replies. Thanks.
    Especially good ray_ray - Thanks.
    I am seriously considering buying the larger Thor before I head out into the woods later this summer.
    Since that particular model is a fairly expensive knife I wanted to get some prior feedback from some members that actually owned a laminated blade.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Some good replies. Thanks.
    Especially good ray_ray - Thanks.
    I am seriously considering buying the larger Thor before I head out into the woods later this summer.
    Since that particular model is a fairly expensive knife I wanted to get some prior feedback from some members that actually owned a laminated blade.

Whatever you chose you will not be dissepointed. And that model is pricey but its one beautyfull knife with its ox-hide handle! But look at the A1, A2 or F1 the are cheaper and shorter, The A2 is almost as the Thor, but still very mutch knife. you cant go wrong with Fällkniven.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

I own a F1 that handled quartering a deer without breaking a sweat. It's a very well made knife and is easy to keep very sharp using a leather block and green chromium oxide paste. It comes with a convexed edge if you weren't aware.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    --GEORGE ORWELL

Administrator
    I am sort of a big knife guy because I believe that you cannot have too much knife when you are out "in it" alone.

There are tasks that can be accomplished with a larger blade that just cannot be done with a smaller blade without a great extra expenditure in time and energy.

While it is possible to do finer and more delicate cutting tasks with a larger knife by choking up on the blade nearer the tip if necessary.

That being said I usually carry 2 knives and the second one usually having a 5" to 6" blade.

Thanks for your post bunchok

have a F1 ,,excellent knife ,,use it for camp chores,,the convex edge is excellent ..very sharp and easy too resharpen ,,
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

NO experience with Fallkniven but if you're considering ordering from American Heritage Sports I can tell you first hand Joe's a great guy to buy from. I've ordered several Benchmades and accessories from him, always great service and fair pricing.
    Jack

I've got a Fallkniven F1 with the micarta scales, as well as 2 other F1s with the rubberized handles, one of which lives in my trunk and the other of which lives in a BOB. The Micarta version is a work of art and feels just perfect in my hand.

That Micarta F1 is my go to knife for camping, hunting, cooking, anything. With that knife and a 12" Ontario machete, I feel more than adequately equipped for anything. With just that F1, I don't really think I give much up except for some chopping ability.

I've batoned the F1 through oak firewood splits and it didn't so much as blink. The convex edge is outstanding and easy to maintain.

If I could only have one knife for the rest of my life, the F1 would probably be it. It is without question a knife I'd trust my life to in the woods.

Administrator
    Hey thanks danny. That's what I wanted to hear. Great helpful first post.

Crap, now I want one too. Welcome to the Forum Danny!
    Jack

Links