S.M.K.W.

This is a discussion on S.M.K.W. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thats for all you in the know folks.... otherwise its... Smokey Mountain Knife Works. I spent a few days in Pigeon Forge, TN. and got ...

Thread: S.M.K.W.

Talking S.M.K.W.

Thats for all you in the know folks.... otherwise its...
    Smokey Mountain Knife Works. I spent a few days in Pigeon Forge, TN. and got to go to the knife works in next door Sevierville.
    OMG ! What a place that is so thorough on cutlery ! 3 floors of it... yes ...3 ! Anything and everything.Wanna get a knife of a particular sort from 50-75-100 years ago ??? no problem. I did not dare let my hand near my wallet for fear of going broke.
    The top floor is the museum. It takes you thru history, from the stone age to modern times, with all their examples are real from that time. swords, etc. Just wonderful. Military cutlery (swords included) was incredible. knives and sharpened tools from around the world. Arabia in the 1700's; asian, etc. before the time of Christ.
    Through the week, they even have guest knifemakers making knives as you watch.
    If your in the area of Knoxville, TN., and if you enjoy cutlery, it is well worth your time to stop in Sevierville and visit this fine place. At the very top of the building, you can't miss that huge folding knife as you are driving down the road.
    Be prepared for at least a half-day stay, and you will see...
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    I see how it is, I go to the Cody Firearms Museum and take lots of pics for every one, you go to S.M.K.W. and all we get is text....I see how it is.

Just kidding, glad you had a good trip.

uh..... there was a no pictures allowed sign.... (gulp)
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

VIP Member
    Arthur, I stopped on the way to visit friends in Virginia and on the way back. Two different visits. Our car automatically turns off at the Sevierville exit.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    What a great place growing up just down the road I went their every summer and always stopped at the SMKW.

Thanks for the post, if I'm ever in that neck of the woods, I'll definately check it out.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Links