Fighting Umbrella

Fighting Umbrella

This is a discussion on Fighting Umbrella within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have found my new traveling companion when I have to go out of the country. YouTube - Self-defense Unbreakable Umbrella from Real-Self-Defense.com...

Senior Moderator

Fighting Umbrella

I have found my new traveling companion when I have to go out of the country.

YouTube - Self-defense Unbreakable Umbrella from Real-Self-Defense.com
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Oh yeah... I'm impressed that the nylon isn't ripped away or the limbs busted all to hell after a workout on the heavy bag.

I've had their website bookmarked for a while. I'm not an umbrella man myself, so I haven't gotten one yet, but I have the site saved in case I do travel some place where I am in need of a discrete weapon. I will definitely pick one up for a trip overseas or to places like the peoples republic of Chicago or similar destinations. So far, I've avoided destinations where I am considered a subject and not a citizen.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    That was a decently impressive bumberchute test.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Moderator
    I really enjoyed the use of the melon
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Looks like a great travel abroad companion.

I recently went to Target and tested a whole bunch of their umbrellas and none of them could do that...

Stay armed...in the rain, too...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I have one, and though I haven't put it through the torture test, it's every bit as well-built as they say. A little pricey, but worth it.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    I have one, and though I haven't put it through the torture test, it's every bit as well-built as they say. A little pricey, but worth it.
    Wow! I'd agree that $175 is pricey...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    I'm curious what it is made out of, steel, carbon fiber, fiberglass, unobtanium? Couldn't find it specified on their site.
    I am not a Lawyer, LEO, or Special Forces Operator.
    The writings above are not burdened by trivialities such as research, experience or facts. However, it is on the Internet, so it must be true.
    InstructorCommunity, forum for instructors.
    The Threadless Nut, my blog

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mchasal View Post
    I'm curious what it is made out of, steel, carbon fiber, fiberglass, unobtanium? Couldn't find it specified on their site.
    Actually, I believe it's some type of hardwood. it's difficult to tell under the finish, but it sounds like wood and it's grained. It's possible it's a composite, I guess, but my first impression was wood.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Thumbs up Recently purchased Self-Defense Umbrella

I recently purchased a self-defense umbrella from UnbreakableUmbrellas.com | Unbreakable Umbrellas | Umbrella Base | Windproof Umbrellas | Advertising Umbrellas and thought you people might want some unbiased feedback on it.

It is very well made and does everything that the videos show. It is nice to be able to have something close at hand for self-defense at all times, without being obvious. I live in the State of Hawaii, and they allow us to own, and carry, very little in the way of self-defense products. We do have a Concealed Weapon Permit law, but since it is on a 'May Issue' basis ,(rather than a 'Shall Issue' state), and at the discretion of of the Chief of Police in each County, permits are never granted. I do have a permit from the State of Utah, but it is not recognized here.

In addition, we are not allowed to own such items as stun guns, tasers, expandable batons (like the ASPs), nunchucks, brass knuckles, butterfly knives, and switchblades, to name a few. Because of these restrictions, this unbreakable umbrella is a blessing. Although it is not inexpensive, you get what you pay for, and in this case, you get a very high quality product. I wholeheartedly endorse this item and have no misgivings of paying more than for your average umbrella.

Wes Wong
    Always remember: 3 can keep a secret, if 2 are dead!

I, too, have one of those, but have never used it. But, then again, I DO carry one or more handguns daily to ward off an unexpected rainy day event!

Considering that I've broken 3 Tote's umbrellas (golf size) so far in the past 4 months (that cost $20 a pop) - if I'd just purchased one of those I'd be better off from the get go.

Toss in the fact that it's a felony to carry on campus, and the rules on the campus discount just about everything that could be "used to harm or threaten" - I really want one.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Amnesia Wes,
    I noticed your avatar. What do you call that, a quackodile?

Barbary;
    Probably, or was that Mallardgator?
    I like it because it continues to remind me, that any pic can be 'Photoshop'(ped), and not to believe all of the stuff people send me on the Internet.

Wes.
    Always remember: 3 can keep a secret, if 2 are dead!

Links