Knife - carry side, and opening assist. - Page 2

Knife - carry side, and opening assist.

This is a discussion on Knife - carry side, and opening assist. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently carry a Pro-Tech Godson auto in my front right pocket. Great knife thats very quick to deploy. I have a little collection of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knife - carry side, and opening assist.

I carry an Auto or Double Action.

I currently carry a Pro-Tech Godson auto in my front right pocket. Great knife thats very quick to deploy. I have a little collection of folders, autos, and fixed blades that I rotate through depending upon the work that I am doing. Most of my knives are production but I also have a few customs. I have two Neil Blackwood fixed blades, that were bought before he became famous. I also have a couple by Jason Cutter,and a Brad Duncan auto whiplash. I am currently waiting on a Darrel Ralph assisted opening custom.
    I try to post some pics when I can get around to it.

Kind Regards

Irighti

I carry one knife in my right front pocket and another in my left rear pocket. With practice the left hand has gotten faster but it is still not as fast as my right hand.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    is that buck a heel clip or a hinge clip ? if its a heel clip then " wave" it if its hinge clip never mind lol

In addition to my handgun (IWB at 4:00) I carry a pair of waved Enduras. One in the right rear pocket, the other in the left hip-pocket oriented for reverse-grip draw. I also carry a fixed-blade, double-edged CRKT Companion either IWB at 2:00 or handle-down in a sheath on my boot (anyone wanna grapple )
    I definately think a fixed-blade is the way to go if your laws permit. If not (or in addition to) I think the waved folder is the next best thing since you don't have to worry about manipulating the opening mechanism. All you have to do is draw. If someone is right on top of you, you need to deploy your weapons NOW not in the time it takes to fiddle with a thumb-stud or whatever. Of course, the "wave" is not 100% fool-proof, I just think the chances of opening a waved folder under stress are better than they are with a knife that you have to open via a thumb-stud/hole/disk.
    Last edited by KenpoTex; January 7th, 2006 at 08:17 AM.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    I have always carried a folder of some kind since I was a kid. Right now I am using a Benchmade mini griptilian front right pocket. (I am right handed) This is my first Benchmade, I really like the axis lock.

I just bought a kabar TDI for weak side carry. I am really liking this knife. Simple, inexpensive but does everything you need and gets the job done. Great value.

I've heard a lot of positive comments about the TDI's. Although I haven't handled one yet it looks like it would be a good tool.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I carry 2 benchmade 940 axis locks 1 in each front pocket. Started doing this after my right hand ended up in a pit bull's mouth. I could not get to my knife in my right pocket. At that time I was not carrying my pistol, but I dont know if I could have used it anyway. I finally used a screwdriver to pry his mouth open. I should add this was probably my fault, as i knew not to touch this dog if he was chained. I did not see the chain and reached to pet him on the head. He latched on and held on for close to 10 minutes .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links