Anybody want one of these?

This is a discussion on Anybody want one of these? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Officer Safety: United Kingdom New Knife with Exploding Tip Senior Metropolitan Police officers have been warned to look out for a new knife which ...

Thread: Anybody want one of these?

Officer Safety:

United Kingdom New Knife with Exploding Tip

Senior Metropolitan Police officers have been warned to look out for a new knife which can inject a ball of compressed gas into its victim that instantly freezes internal organs.

The 'wasp knife', which can deliver a ball of compressed gas capable of killing its victim at the press of a button, may be heading for Britain.

A needle in the tip of the blade shoots out the frozen ball of gas which instantly balloons to the size of a basketball, freezing organs.

The manufacturer describes it as perfect for downed pilots, soldiers and security guards and boasts that it will 'drop many of the world's largest land predators'.

The Metropolitan Police have told colleagues to be on the lookout for the blade, which is designed to kill sharks and bears as they are concerned that the $380 USD weapon could fall into the wrong hands. (CBSA / Met Police / WASP Injection Systems, Inc. - WASP Injection Knife July 16, 2008)

About The WASP:

As divers, we all know what the effects of compressed gas are underwater. Our training teaches us that our lungs would burst from over-inflation if we held our breath and rose to the surface. This principle is key to the effectiveness of the WASP Injection System.

This weapon injects a frozen ball of compressed gas approximately the size of a basketball at 800psi nearly instantly. The effects of this injection will drop many of the world's largest land predators. The effects of the compressed gas not only cause over-inflation during ascent when used underwater, but also freezes all tissues and organs surrounding the point of injection on land or at sea. When used underwater, the injected gas carries the predator to the surface BEFORE blood is released into the water. Thus giving the diver added protection by diverting other potential predators to the surface.

Go to Web site for video: WASP Injection Systems, Inc. - WASP Injection Knife

These probably won't be legal. Looks interesting though.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Could be a decent last ditch weapon, but it probably won't be legal. I'm wonderin why it's perfect for soldiers? We don't want to be that close to the BG.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Looks like it's a CO2 cartridge - the listed "max adapter" takes it up to a 24g cartridge (standard is 12g). Certainly not a pleasant experience - being stabbed and then receiving a cubic foot or more of CO2 at 800 psi... yuck.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I think I would rather be stung by a real wasp, than this thing. Do alot of divers use the wasp?

VIP Member
    I used to use a Bang Stick. It was powered by a 12 gauge shell. There were other versions that used pistol calibers as well. The one I used was on the end of a spear. There were some versions that were able to be used with a spear gun too.

It's one thing to use it against swimming critters.....another thing to user it against a human attacker.......I'll stick with my handgun/rifle.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwarrior View Post
    I think I would rather be stung by a real wasp, than this thing. Do alot of divers use the wasp?
    That is about the only true useful purpose for this weapon that I can see.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Just like the .22 cal cell phone, I don't think that this will be very big in the streets. Thugs have better things to spend their money on than a $350 knife...like those chrome rims...
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

I can see the fear in these people that are skeered of anything,I guess it would be like having a full auto when everybody else only has a semi
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

$380!?!?!?!
    Back when I was an active diver the local shop had a "Shark Dart" which was basically the same thing except it was more like an ice pick than a knife. I think it was like $60!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I would imagine that would be against the Geneva Convention rules of warfare.

Attacking Watermelons

Personally I've never been attacked or even threatened by a watermelon.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyglock View Post
    Just like the .22 cal cell phone, I don't think that this will be very big in the streets. Thugs have better things to spend their money on than a $350 knife...like those chrome rims...
    Well, you never saw the .22LR cell phone for sale did you?

I see where a knife like this could be useful. As anyone who's familiar with knife fighting can tell you, getting the point into a BG is more than half the battle. For bears and other critters you may have to grapple with, I think the knife would be worthwhile.

Heck, I'd rather have it than a Sebenza!

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    That's kinda cool-- Acutally I think the word for it is Impracticool
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Sponsored Links