Just wondering if...

Just wondering if...

This is a discussion on Just wondering if... within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...all the other people out there have scratches on their desk chair, car, ect. from the knife they always carry in their pocket. I just ...

Thread: Just wondering if...

Just wondering if...

...all the other people out there have scratches on their desk chair, car, ect. from the knife they always carry in their pocket. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one.

1:00 IWB will cure that....... A bit of skateboard tape on the scale that is against you can give you a better purchase, drawing, if you need it,

Assistant Administrator
    Mine being left pocket - does make some scuff marks on arm rest from occasional contact (I sit on a high heap of cushions).

The chair back suffers most tho from contact by carry piece mag floor plate!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I'll have some wear on the jeans from carrying IWB at 1 o'clock, but you can't see it with my shirt over it. When I carried my BM AFCK, the longer length kept wearing holes by the zipper.

I have damage to my short dress boots when they got crinkled under my ankle holster. I even destroyed the zipper on one. I solved that by wearing calf-length boots. they distribute the weight better, too.

I haven't had any furniture damage, but I have to be careful about the telltale "klunk" of gun butts hitting chairs in public.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Lead Moderator
    Haven't noticed any, but I carry a Swiss Army in the right front pocket.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Only knife problem I have had is with Emersons with the Wave feature. It will tear up the top of my jeans pockets pretty fast.........

No real damage to furniture but the Benchmade pocket clips are hard on pocket seams (carried strong side front pocket). Like Betty said, I'm more concerned with the "CLUNK" of the gun's grip when it hits wooden chair backs.
    Jack

Lead Moderator
    nope, lots of jeans pockets torn up by the clip though. No tell tale cluck (or less) with a polymer gun/mag though.

None here but have you considered (if possible) moving to a kydex holster for belt carry? If not, consider altering your pockets. I wear 511 tactical trousers and currently testing modifications to my pocket which has double fabric for my Emerson Karmabit for practice. I have found the wave not to wear out my pants on a daily basis but for practicing draws it can cause problems. I am talking about an average of 20 to 50 draws per session.

I realized quickly that wearing a Spyderco Gunting would cause wear and tear so I went out and purchased both vertical and horizontal holsters.
    Stay Safe,
    Kevin

CSSDSD Instructor
    ASP Instructor
    ACCJT Certified LEO DT Instructor
    NRA Instructor

How well do the kydex rigs work with the wave openers? Seems like they might interfere with the draw opening process.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    How well do the kydex rigs work with the wave openers? Seems like they might interfere with the draw opening process.
    Jack
    I would assume they would interfere with the wave. There was a company selling them last month but the picture are not there today. I purchased several color coded (and one for my duty belt) kydex holsters from the company and love them.

If I wanted belt carry then an Emerson fix blade Karambit would be a better choice.
    Stay Safe,
    Kevin

CSSDSD Instructor
    ASP Instructor
    ACCJT Certified LEO DT Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Links