The ultimate "other weapon"

This is a discussion on The ultimate "other weapon" within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; DON'T KNOW HOW MANY SAW THIS, BUT IT IS A REMARKABLE STORY An American Hero... The K9 above is Brutus, a military K9 at McChord. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ultimate "other weapon"

DON'T KNOW HOW MANY SAW THIS, BUT IT IS A REMARKABLE STORY

An American Hero...

The K9 above is Brutus, a military K9 at McChord. He's huge - part Boxer and part British Bull Mastiff and tops the scales at 200 lbs. His handler took the picture. Brutus is running toward me because he knows I have some Milk Bone treats, so he's slobbering away! I had to duck around a tree just before he got to me in case he couldn't stop, but he did. Brutus won the Congressional Medal of Honor last year from his tour in Iraq . His handler and four other soldiers were taken hostage by insurgents. Brutus and his handler communicate by sign language and he gave Brutus the signal that meant 'go away but come back and find me'. The Iraqis paid no attention to Brutus. He came back later and quietly tore the throat out of one guard at one door and another guard at another door. He then jumped a gainst one of the doors repeatedly (the guys were being held in an old warehouse) until it opened. He went in and untied his handler and they all escaped. He's the first K9 to receive this honor. If he knows you're ok, he's a big old lug and wants to sit in your lap. Enjoys the company of cats.

K-9 Congressional Medal of Honor Winner

Thought you'd find this interesting. Talk about animal intelligence and bonding with humans!
    Last edited by jbailey; August 18th, 2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: add pic.
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper use of high explosives"
    G. Alan Foster

Sorry Brutus, you didn't save anyone in Iraq...perhaps you were confused...did you land with Hillary and have to duck from 'sniper fire', also?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Great now I gotta apologize to my dog for showing her what a real dog would do if it loved it's owner,I don't think i could get her to rip the throats out of anything or knock a door down even if there was a huge T-Bone hanging on the other side
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

My dogs play poker while I'm at work and make sure the maid is cleaning and not surfing the internet. They also like to mess on the carpet.
    Condition 1
    "My weapon has never hurt anyone. It never will. If someone dies by my hand, it is my fault. The weapon is blameless." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Well, I should have checked the authenticity. Goes to show - if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.
    Guess I got duped this time
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper use of high explosives"
    G. Alan Foster

Administrator
    That's OK - We like Brutus anyway even if his throat ripping ability has been somewhat overstated.

BTW: I heard that he just beat out the Russian and the Chinese dogs and won Olympic Gold in the 50 Meter Flying Slobber event.
    I'll need to check that on Snopes though.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    She won't rip out a throat on a sign command but she'll rip a slice of pizza out of your hand on her own volition. She won't win a medal but she won't poop in the living room either. She loves a soft bed and can sleep till 10:30 before she has to pee. I present to you; Luna. Yeah, we love her even though she won't win anything but your heart.

Administrator
    Beautiful little puppy Saifu.

Saifu...again...cool dog.
    I love big dogs...we have a 125# Rhodesian Ridgeback...they like to play, an you know they won't break.

Stay armed...get a 'dog' alarm...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Beautiful little puppy Saifu.
    Thanks. She was a $4000 mistake that a friends wife made. I got her a week after she was delivered by air courier. I was simply asked to "give her a good life". She is 11 months old and has really emerged as a great dog. She is 111 pounds as of last Saturday's vet visit. I expect 130-135 by the time she is done growing. She has the most ferocious bark I have ever heard. The local baggy pants hoodlums won't even walk near my fence.

My dogs just poop on the carpet and dig holes in the yard, but they have been trained to sit or lay down in order to receive a doggy treat. My wife has them well trained.

Administrator
    She is really put together well. Very good bones.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Siafu, beautiful dog
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links