Pepper Spray

This is a discussion on Pepper Spray within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for pepper spray for my wife to carry and for my self at times. Any idea's on who makes the strongest and most dependable ...

Thread: Pepper Spray

Pepper Spray

Looking for pepper spray for my wife to carry and for my self at times. Any idea's on who makes the strongest and most dependable nothing more then a rock if it won't work when needed. Thank's For any input.

2. Remove Ads

A quick search will get you several threads and recommendations.

My personal favorite is Fox Labs, stream nozzle. Get several and practice too.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

1.Vexor - 15 Million SHU 1.56% Capsaicinoids
    2.FOX Labs - 5.3 Million SHU 0.67% Capsaicinoids
    3. Sabre Red - 2 million SHU 1.33% Capsaicinoids
    4. Sabre 3 in 1 - 2 million SHU 0.13% Capsaicinoids + 1% CS GAS

now if its for a woman get her a keychain model. you are going to think about her saftey more then she will . She will always have it with her . even though there are hotter models i recommend sabre red for a keychain model . Why if there are hotter brands available?

1st. Its more then hot enough . Its going to slam eyes shut with the high capsaicinoids and 2 million SHU is more then enough to stop 90% of attackers 90% of the time.

2nd . What 5x more shots . i have tried all keychain models of the brands i listed above . By the time i test fired them to make sure the can works , There was 1 maybe 3 bursts left . Not good if you dont get on target or if there is multiple attackers.

Sabre has about 25 1/2 second burst from the .68 oz keychain model . My wife carries the 3 in 1 spray every day . I carry The MK6 Version of the Sabre Red every day .

Now if you want a model for the car glove compartment or to throw in a book bag or in a cargo pocket . Get a 2-4 oz of fox labs . I carry a 3oz in a cargo pocket and i have a 4 oz in my wifes car.

Ive done alot of research on the subject . have all the most powerful brands and spray patterns and these are the most effective.

I was told by my local PO that keychain models are almost not effective...I bought mygirlfriend the 3oz fox labs stream. I live in miami and blowback is an issue so dont want that to happen (as small as her hand) with a (flip top) no cop top model. so she can keep it in her purse and it wont accidentaly discharge.

Best 20 bucks you could spend on your wife/girlfriend

well your local po doesnt know anything then . maybe hes one of the local "PO" i see not making the minimum qualifying 25 yard shots at the range all the time. What is the difference between a 1/2 second burst from a 1/2 oz model or a 4 oz model?

Heh, take that up with him. I have'nt tested either yet, so specifically why i said a local P.O (he is their weapons instructor) however i did my research as well, and felt most comfortable with a 3OZ bottle for the girlfriend from fox labs with the flip top. YMMV

Carry and highly recommend Spitfire Pepper Spray.
    Its 10% OC Spray which is police strength.
    Has a small unique shape for easier use. You can have it
    in your hand and someone wouldn't even notice.
    They offer refill canisters as well as test canisters for
    practice.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    i can say from training on all three that saber red, punch 2, and heatwave will all do the job. I've been sprayed with all three and they are all liquid he**. the saber red 10% seem to be the worst

Sure but which one will put fire in a pot of chili,lol
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links