HideAwayKnife

HideAwayKnife

This is a discussion on HideAwayKnife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody here use em ? I was looking into getting a knife, and saw alot of posts about the Kabar TDI. It looks good, and ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: HideAwayKnife

HideAwayKnife

Anybody here use em ?

I was looking into getting a knife, and saw alot of posts about the Kabar TDI. It looks good, and everybody seems to like it, I just don't like the handle sticking straight up when wearing it on a belt.

Then i saw a post about these somewhere else that some LEOs were talking about how they preferred them over the Kabar TDI

I really like all of the different carry options.
    There's a lot of choices.
    HideAwayKnife

Here are the ones that look the more comfortable and easiest to access for off hand backup

SHEATH STICKS

BELT WRAP

BRO CLIP

I did a search and nothing came up.
    Anybody here use them ? How are they ? What's you're favorite carry method ?

BTW, anybody know a price ? I see some cost $140, and some cost about $70....

I'll stick with something that has a handle that won't tear my hand up if it hits serious resistance.

My requirement for grappling is a lot less than a LEO who must consider the ability to physically put on a set of cuffs. I want to get the hell away, not get more involved.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Do a search, there have been multiple threads on these knives.

My quick answer is that they are an good tool in certain contexts (grappling range, etc.) and are very low-profile.

The prices range quite a bit. The $70 is the "utility model" that is only offered in one style (IIRC). The more you're willing to spend, the more options you have when it comes to blade style, finish, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238
    My requirement for grappling is a lot less than a LEO who must consider the ability to physically put on a set of cuffs. I want to get the hell away, not get more involved.
    Rolling on the ground is rolling on the ground regardless of your status...sometimes your first indication that you're in a fight might be getting knocked on your butt. It's nice to know how to handle yourself there so you can create the opportunity to access a weapon or get back to your feet.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Right - but I'm not trying to put on cuffs - drawing a fixed blade from a sheath is just about that in a butt-knocking-over - your training, not the brand tool, is more important. I'll keep using the TDI KaBar as a last ditch.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

HAK has had some issues. I would get one of the "production versions," at the moment.

I have two customs from "back in the day" and wouldn't trade them for anything. A niche-tool, that nothing else can quite replace.

here's mine:

i always carry at least two knives with me; this is one of them. it's a nice little knife, that can be used for things other than self defense. it handy in a warehouse, where i constantly have to cut open boxes, but constantly opening or unsheathing a knife is impractical.

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    Do a search, there have been multiple threads on these knives.

My quick answer is that they are an good tool in certain contexts (grappling range, etc.) and are very low-profile.

The prices range quite a bit. The $70 is the "utility model" that is only offered in one style (IIRC). The more you're willing to spend, the more options you have when it comes to blade style, finish, etc.

Rolling on the ground is rolling on the ground regardless of your status...sometimes your first indication that you're in a fight might be getting knocked on your butt. It's nice to know how to handle yourself there so you can create the opportunity to access a weapon or get back to your feet.
    I tried the search and I got zero results >_<
    How else can I find the prices on them ? I didn't see anything on the website, except an order form

Quote Originally Posted by Shrugs
    I tried the search and I got zero results
    here ya go:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...archid=1523559

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238
    Right - but I'm not trying to put on cuffs - drawing a fixed blade from a sheath is just about that in a butt-knocking-over - your training, not the brand tool, is more important. I'll keep using the TDI KaBar as a last ditch.
    Agreed, I didn't say it wasn't. TDI's, the Clinch Pick, Mark Goldsworthy's knives...pretty much any small fixed blade carried near the centerline will do the job.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I like my HAK. It does make a handy box cutter if you don't want to put it down after breaking down each box. Its a niche tool and my not serve everyones needs, but I find it pretty handy in a pinch.

i have looked into these , but for the base model being so expensive especially since the steel is nothing great. if the price was like 40-50 id buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    that link still gives me the whole
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    When I do a search on this forum on "HideAwayKnife" I get two threads which includes this one.

When I do a search on this forum on "HAK" I get three pages of threads.

You get a product list with each item's price on their web site by first registering by clicking on "I want one."

Enjoy
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

I'd sure like a HideAwayKnife in Titanium as it has no metallic signature unless X-Ray'd, but geeze... $229 - $269 for Titanium model is a little rich. I understand the manufacturing process and all that, but still kind of steep.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I have had my HAK for almost 2 years and I carry it with me all the time.
    I use the wrap around sheath that has a velcro type fastener. But instead of keeping it on the outside of the belt, I keep it on the inside of the belt, but outside the pants. With an untucked shirt it is completely concealed.
    I like it for the size (concealability) and for retention. Even if your hands are wet from blood (if you have to use your knife for self defense there will be lots of blood ) this knife will not slip out of your hands.
    You will need to measure the circumference of your first two fingers of the hand that you plan on using. I measured it for my left hand so I could use it for gun retention.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links