About time...

This is a discussion on About time... within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Us Spyderknuts have been waiting on this little project for quite some time now: a Spyderco produced Pakal folder produced in conjunction with the Shivworks/Southnarc ...

Thread: About time...

About time...

Us Spyderknuts have been waiting on this little project for quite some time now: a Spyderco produced Pakal folder produced in conjunction with the Shivworks/Southnarc crowd.

http://spyderco.com/forums/showthrea...7&page=1&pp=15

The removable wave idea is interesting... no idea how well it will actually work.

I hope in the future they could make a more Wharncliffe style blade in a variant model as a sort of utility model. That handle I like because it looks like it would give solid purchase in traditional and edge in grips.

It actually doesn't look nearly as wild or mall ninja esque as I had imagined, but then again Spyderco's never catered to that crowd.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    nice looking design, guess the wave feature might not be good for me, I would lose it or bend it more than likely.

Lead Moderator
    Interesting design, but it almost looks like it could catch on things, unless I'm missing something at this hour of the morning.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

sorry but am i missing whats so sp about it? the little screw in thumbstud looks like it would be more od a hinderance than a helper

If you've used an Emeson wave- the concept is the same. From what I understand, the pin is hardened, if you can break it, you can break the blade. It's removeable for those who prefer the non-wave opening. This isn't a "utility" blade. Single-purpose defensive tool. Sal and SNarc might be able to get a group-buy deal together, over at TPI, if we're lucky and they are so inclined!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Bud the " screw in thumbstud" is actualy to catch on the corner of the pants pocket on knife draw deploying the blade making it the " Dreaded semi auto Tactical Combat Knife " lol in all seriousness it does make a handy self deploying folder if you have need of such i have 2 spydercos i have modded to do the same thing ( mostly to open beer bottles with as well as open shiping boxes while holding them lol )

VIP Member
    Now that's a neat knife. I like the Wave feature on my Emerson Mini-Commander, but it's not something I used often, because I've seen other Wave people with shredded jeans. I also don't pocket-carry because my pockets are too tight and anything clipped to them eventually slides out.

I wouldn't mind that knife, I like the design and blade shape; I'd just remove the wave option.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    oO( Betty just had to bring up them tight pockets and take all our minds off kinves didnt she LOL )

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    Bud the " screw in thumbstud" is actualy to catch on the corner of the pants pocket on knife draw deploying the blade making it the " Dreaded semi auto Tactical Combat Knife " lol in all seriousness it does make a handy self deploying folder if you have need of such i have 2 spydercos i have modded to do the same thing ( mostly to open beer bottles with as well as open shiping boxes while holding them lol )

ill pass

Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    I've seen other Wave people with shredded jeans. I also don't pocket-carry because my pockets are too tight and anything clipped to them eventually slides out.
    My concerns, too, Betty, but I believe, since the wave catch is rounded, the "Spickle" should not be a pocket eater. My solution to the jeans pocket (though I wouldn't necessarily call mine tight, no matter what my wife is saying ) was to get a Disciple for belt carry. The handle shape is odd enough that it doesn't seem to register as "kinfe", even to quite a few of my Mil/LE friends. (Clinch Pick might even be better, or the "Rod" available at TPI's sale board)

Links