Always knife

This is a discussion on Always knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK now I have various sizes of handguns and can dress around at least one of them wherever I go BUT there are those times ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Always knife

Always knife

OK now I have various sizes of handguns and can dress around at least one of them wherever I go BUT there are those times when you can not carry. For me as a Grand parient its high school football games and other school functions with my grandkids. So I always carry a folding knife I am very partial to the CRKT Crawfor Kasper folder in fact when it was discontinued by CRKT I bought 3 more just to keep in the safe if I lost my main one. I have taken a couple of classes on the use of the folder and feel pretty safe carring one when I can't carry a handgun. Anyone else have a favorite carry knife that you have trained with?

2. Remove Ads

My favorite "fighting folder" is the Spyderco P'Kal...my favorite "any task" folders are either the Delica or Endura (also Spydercos).

I love the Crawford/Kasper design (I have a couple of the Polkowski/Kasper Companions...same design, just a fixed-blade). However, I've never bought one of the folders because I hate liner locks.

Thankfully, where I live I can carry a fixed-blade. Currently my "go to blades" are either a Cold Steel push-dagger, or one of the aforementioned Companions with a sharpened swedge.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    My favorite "fighting folder" is the Spyderco P'Kal...my favorite "any task" folders are either the Delica or Endura (also Spydercos).
    Ditto. For fixed, I have a Goldsworthy Shadowdancer or Hankins hawksbill.

Spyderco wave

wnn
    I to am lucky to live in a state that I can carry a fixed blade openly, but my main blades for carry are the old buck 110 folder used for everythng & Sog Pentagon fixed used for special events ,concealed sometimes..
    Silence may be golden , but Ducttape it silver and its sure thing.

First generation, delica. I've had 2 since just about the day Spyderco opened their doors......1990ish if I remember right. I think I'd cry if I lost either one of them, but one or the other is always with me.

The energizer bunny of folders.......
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Kershaw Scallion assisted opening. Always on me. work or play. I wear it clipped to front weak side pocket...Never leave home with out it. Scary sharp!
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

VIP Member
    My problem is, every folder I have is my favorite and I like them as much as my fixed blades!

I think I'm a knifeaholic!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    My problem is, every folder I have is my favorite and I like them as much as my fixed blades!

I think I'm a knifeaholic!
    +1000 to that!!!!!
    This is my EDC.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Ditto. For fixed, I have a Goldsworthy Shadowdancer or Hankins hawksbill.
    The Shadowdancers are nice, I had one of the first ones...Mark makes great knives.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I'm not into knives as art forms, but carry two, one for mundane daily use and one for possible worst case SD - and that one is Cold Steel Recon 1. Because it's 4" (max legal in TN), uber sharp, comfortably flat, opens in a flash, great bigass grip could hold onto if coated with KY jelly, lethal as any, and not least of all, I'm only out about 55 clams should I somehow lose it!

- OS

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I have a decent sized collection with some fine blades but I find that I have a simple Gerber Aluminium handled folder I picked up at the PX 2 years ago in my pocket most of the time.

I have a lot of knives, but the one I always go to is my Boker AK-74 (even came in a case shaped like the mag) in a switch configuration and I carry it at all times and it will be the one I always use until I get a microtech

I don't have lot of knives (6-8 is not a lot). I have only three knives that I carry (not at the same time)...two are folders.
    Both the folders are Kershaws...Ken Onion Leeks. I've had no knife training, but I can easily have my Kershaw out and open in an instant with one hand...I can open and close my Kershaw with one hand.
    (I did use a few band-aids getting the closing part down pat...)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I carry a Benchmade 750SBT Pinnacle everyday, all day. It's a 3.6" framelock blade in ATS-34 with Ti handles. Works for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links