Defensive Carry banner

Always knife

6K views 30 replies 30 participants last post by  chuckE 
#1 ·
OK now I have various sizes of handguns and can dress around at least one of them wherever I go BUT there are those times when you can not carry. For me as a Grand parient its high school football games and other school functions with my grandkids. So I always carry a folding knife I am very partial to the CRKT Crawfor Kasper folder in fact when it was discontinued by CRKT I bought 3 more just to keep in the safe if I lost my main one. I have taken a couple of classes on the use of the folder and feel pretty safe carring one when I can't carry a handgun. Anyone else have a favorite carry knife that you have trained with?

#2 ·
My favorite "fighting folder" is the Spyderco P'Kal...my favorite "any task" folders are either the Delica or Endura (also Spydercos).

I love the Crawford/Kasper design (I have a couple of the Polkowski/Kasper Companions...same design, just a fixed-blade). However, I've never bought one of the folders because I hate liner locks.

Thankfully, where I live I can carry a fixed-blade. Currently my "go to blades" are either a Cold Steel push-dagger, or one of the aforementioned Companions with a sharpened swedge.

#5 ·
I to am lucky to live in a state that I can carry a fixed blade openly, but my main blades for carry are the old buck 110 folder used for everythng & Sog Pentagon fixed used for special events ,concealed sometimes..

#6 ·
First generation, delica. I've had 2 since just about the day Spyderco opened their doors......1990ish if I remember right. I think I'd cry if I lost either one of them, but one or the other is always with me.

The energizer bunny of folders.......

#7 ·
Kershaw Scallion assisted opening. Always on me. work or play. I wear it clipped to front weak side pocket...Never leave home with out it. Scary sharp!

#8 ·
My problem is, every folder I have is my favorite and I like them as much as my fixed blades! :rofl:

I think I'm a knifeaholic! :gah:

#11 ·
I'm not into knives as art forms, but carry two, one for mundane daily use and one for possible worst case SD - and that one is Cold Steel Recon 1. Because it's 4" (max legal in TN), uber sharp, comfortably flat, opens in a flash, great bigass grip could hold onto if coated with KY jelly, lethal as any, and not least of all, I'm only out about 55 clams should I somehow lose it!

- OS

#14 ·
I don't have lot of knives (6-8 is not a lot). I have only three knives that I carry (not at the same time)...two are folders.
Both the folders are Kershaws...Ken Onion Leeks. I've had no knife training, but I can easily have my Kershaw out and open in an instant with one hand...I can open and close my Kershaw with one hand.
(I did use a few band-aids getting the closing part down pat...:rofl:)

#16 ·
I carried a Spyderco Endura w/ wave for quite a while; it got a little worn and has now been replaced with an Emerson CQC7. I think an Endura w/o the wave would be an excellet "everything, everywhere" knife for carry, and it also comes with a decent price tage. Otherwise I would go for an Emerson.

#21 ·
I always carry a Swiss Army Knife. I know to some that's lame, but it has become a very handy tool for me to have to the point that I don't know what I did before I started carrying it. I am currently looking for a good SD folder.

#23 ·
I carry a CRKT M-16SRT as a duty knive, and I just picked up a SOG Flash-II primarily for off-duty use. I have started carrying both knives off-duty, the M-16 in my front left pocket and the Flash-II in my right rear pocket. The SOG is faster to deploy, IMO. YMMV

#25 ·
I have a decent collection of knives. I carried a first generation Spyderco Endura for about 7 years until I lost it.

Currently, my most common carries are (at work) a Benchmade Griptillian (occasionally a Lightfoot M21 from CRKT).

Off work, most common is a Spyderco Endura 4 (fully serrated). Sometimes switch to another Spyderco (I have several including a stainless Endura 4, Native 3, etc.). Also sometimes I'll carry a Balisong from Benchmade, Cold Steel or Spyderco, or one of the CKRT Cruiser series. My fixed blades now stay home (fixed blade of ANY length is a Felony in Michigan :confused:).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.