Stinger !

This is a discussion on Stinger ! within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At least you can fondle your popper, and whisper to yourself, "It was worth it, it was worth it....". Some of us are still dangling ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stinger !

At least you can fondle your popper, and whisper to yourself, "It was worth it, it was worth it....".

Some of us are still dangling on The List.....

2. Remove Ads

Thats odd to me. I would think that they would be cranking these puppys out. The first batch sold like hotcakes.

I do think QK has a valid point. Every LEO I speak with insists that a judge would laugh at me trying to explain how its realy a bottle opener on my keychain.

But it is a bottle opener. You can even demonstrate it's a bottle opener

Lead Moderator
    Good point Qkshooter, would bet you would end up in trouble in PA.

But it is a bottle opener. You can even demonstrate it's a bottle opener
    I say the very same thing!

They still insist otherwise. Here is was a retired cop in Arlington TX told me "you are wrong in saying is it not a weapon until used in that manner. anything that can be used as a weapon can be called a weapon.just because you call it a bottle opener means nothing"
    I wanted to ask if he was going to call me out on my shoelaces. They could be used to strangle someone, and therefor they are a weapon!!!

That's the problem. Somebody pointed out in another thread the best way to make people afraid is to have everything a crime. Look, a pencil can be a weapon. Push it through the eye, the ear, or the throat and the person will be in a world of hurt.

Things are getting a bit out of control

I actually looked at one fo those, but decided on a Kubaton, OC spray, and a Streamlight flashlight. Yes the OC can't go places, but the baton is plastic and "hey it's just a flashlight"
    Last edited by dpesec; December 14th, 2005 at 10:14 PM.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

Administrator

dpesec

"Things are getting a bit out of control."

I agree with you.
    And I sure would rather get hit in the chest with a Stinger than get smashed on my skull with a perfectly Pennsylvania Legal brick.

"Somebody pointed out in another thread the best way to make people afraid is to have everything a crime."
    And that is very also true.

And I admit that it has worked with me because I'm not willing to "test case" or martyr my PA. License To Carry a firearm.

PA. should decide if a citizen is mature, responsible,...(add to the list)...or not.
    And if a person gets run through a criminal background check & is then legally licensed & trusted to carry a firearm then WHY should it make a difference if the knife that that they choose to carry has one edge or two????
    Because if the blade has a double edge...then it's an Illegal DAGGER & not a legal knife anymore.

So WHY are some of the listed PA restricted items so Dumb?
    I'll hafta ask the Left Wing Dumbocrats that ran this Commonwealth...for so many decades...that question.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

You guys are missing the obvious ... "No Officer, I picked that up at the "Artist Formerly Known As 'Squiggle'" concert years ago.
    Jack

QK, neither am I. I value my GFs safety too much to risk losing my ability to protect her. If she read this, I'd be seeing stars, but it's true.
    She's always in condition white, blissfully unaware of things around her. Women gota love them though.

I almost bought one, but decided instead to get OC spray, Kubaton and a Streamlight. The baton is plastic and won't set off metal detectors. The flashlight, well "hey it's my personal flashlight"
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

Administrator
    I carry the large Fox Labs STREAM OC & a sturdy aircraft Aluminum flashlight that will effectively concentrate & deliver an impacting blow as well as the Stinger but, with a differently configured "delivery hit" required.

Quote Originally Posted by gregarat
    I say the very same thing!

They still insist otherwise. Here is was a retired cop in Arlington TX told me "you are wrong in saying is it not a weapon until used in that manner. anything that can be used as a weapon can be called a weapon.just because you call it a bottle opener means nothing"
    I wanted to ask if he was going to call me out on my shoelaces. They could be used to strangle someone, and therefor they are a weapon!!!
    He's right. I don't know about Fl, but many states (and counties, cities, etc..) have come up with "Intent of Use" laws. It is a Catch 22- if the LEO dosen't like your face, and you wear a large concho belt, with "Bad Ass" on the buckle, and carry a mag light, he can technically detain you/confiscate your "weapons" Essentially, be polite, look like Sheeple, "Yes, Sir/No, Sir", and they are unlikely to look twice at you. Wear a martial arts Tshirt, Szabo gauntlets, and combat boots- you'll lose your Dodge key ring and wallet chain. There is no hard definition- solely Officer discretion, until the DA looks it over.

Ann,

Is that avatar device real or just a photo shop creation? If it is the real deal I would really like one of those. The other thing that sparked my intrest is linked below. I kind of prefer that over the stinger as I am less likely to poke a hole in someone.

http://www.shivworks.com/toppopper.asp

Thanks,
    Adrian

The 2 finger knuckle in my avatar is real..good luck finding one

Why spend all the $$$ on a top popper when one of these "bottle openers" in the pic are about 5.00 and will do the same...but they dont come in flamed ti so I guess they wont work
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ann; December 15th, 2005 at 03:54 PM.

Dang, that thing looks wicked!

I'm seriously ordering a stinger for my fiancee in the next few days. Had it not been for this thread, I'd never had found that device. Thanks everyone.
    S&W 5906
    si vis pacem, para bellum

protego communis bona

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links