Columbia river m series knives?

This is a discussion on Columbia river m series knives? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have read some about the CRKT M series knives and would like to hear opinions and experiences that folks here might have with them. ...

Thread: Columbia river m series knives?

Columbia river m series knives?

I have read some about the CRKT M series knives and would like to hear opinions and experiences that folks here might have with them. Positive or negative okay with me. Just trying to get some knowledge before/if I buy one. Thanks in advance.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

2. Remove Ads

I had a M16Z with aluminum scales (lost it in NJ - HECK NO I'm not going back for it) and replaced it with the cheaper M16Z from walmart for $30. Great EDC and I feel naked without it.

I'm sure other knife guys will give you better insight, but it works for me.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I have the M16-14SFA. It is a big knife! I've heard that the lock can fail on some of them, but no problems with mine. There are two things I don't like about mine. One, the grip is not very "grippy". I feel like it wants to slide out of my hand (I don't even want to think about having slippery blood on it). And two, the edge is chisel ground AND opposite. I'd much prefer to have a c grind. Other than that, I like it. I use the flipper as a "wave" like feature on mine for easy opening.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Have multiple ones and love them all. I've given a smaller M16 to my wife for her EDC, and I carried one of the larger M16's with me to the sandbox as my utility knife.

As a side note I'm still finding sand and grit from the desert in my gear.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

I bought the cheaper zytel handled edc first. I really liked the design but thought the mechanism and metal felt cheap(aus4 steel). I handled one of the titanium models at a local knife store and ended up ordering the m16 10ke aluminium handled one online(aus8 steel). My hope is that the more expensive models will be built a little more rugged. The titanium was definitely better quality. I'll let you know how my model compairs. The design feels right to me and with a little practice the lawks is easy to operate with one hand.
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

they're ok but I'd spend a little more and get a Spyderco, Cold Steel, or Benchmade.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

VIP Member
    I have a couple "M" models and they are very good knives that are easy to sharpen. My EDC however is a SOG Spec-Elite II.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

To those who have posted a great big thank you. However, don't let that discourage further posts.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

I have the m16-12LE and I like it very much. It has the tanto point and is partially serrated. Some people complain about one handed closing but it is not an issue with me. My only issue is that I travel a lot so i don't have it with me much (only at home). Right now I pack a gerber and some other cheap knife to use on the road. I don't want to risk having the CRKT stolen from my bag by...security.

Cy

Have one

PIcked it up at wall mart for around 18 bucks i think about a 3inch blade half serrated with a tanto style blade. i d k about the blade steel but it sharpens well and stays relativly sharp. The liner lock sticks sometimes but a coin fixes it in a snap. I am hard on my everyday knive so 20 bucks if it makes it 4 months i am good.

Links