Kershaw Customer Service

Kershaw Customer Service

This is a discussion on Kershaw Customer Service within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As I posted in the other thread, I got my wife a Rainbow Leek as a EDC. When I received it, I realized that the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kershaw Customer Service

Thumbs up Kershaw Customer Service

As I posted in the other thread, I got my wife a Rainbow Leek as a EDC. When I received it, I realized that the carry clip was attached as a tip UP carry.

This seems like a weird way to carry so I tried to reverse the clip. Then I noticed that the clip (as well as the whole knife ) uses Torx nuts. As a matter of fact, the torx nuts for the clip are tiny (T-6 as it turns out). And of course the smallest Torx bits I can find are T-10.

So I get a little ticked and call Kershaw. I was expecting some defensive attitude and I myself started the phone call with an attitude myself.

The woman that answered the phone (Brittany IIRC) defused my Richard Cranium-ness right away and asked if I'd like to have a Torx bit sent my way. After stuttering for a moment I said yes, and thank you.

I admit I had an attitude when I called them and kudos to Brittany and Kershaw for setting me straight and taking care of the customer. :)

PS
    I've been looking at other Kershaw knives just because of the way I was treated.

Thanks Kershaw.
    Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

Lead Moderator
    Kershaw sent me not 1 but 4 sets of screws when the original pivot screw was lost on my Blur.
    I will not hesitate to buy Kershaw again.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

A big +1 for Kershaw customer service. I had a like experience.

Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

Wow that is great customer service!
    Spyderco also has great service!
    I used my Police model so much (12 years of everyday use) and it showed, the tip had been broken and reground, it was covered in scratches and the blade was tweaked from me using it as a prybar. Well it got to the point that you could close it with a little effort without hitting the lock button. So I sent it to them with a letter asking for a quote to get the lock fixed.
    Two weeks later a brand new Police model showed up no charge!

VIP Member

Kudos indeed to Kershaw.

I was knife shopping at a local store a couple of months ago and the clerk suggested a Kershaw to me. I pulled an old Kershaw out of my pocket and said thanks but no thanks as the lock on the one I had, had stopped working. She without hesitation told me they had a life time warranty, took the old one from me and gave me a new one. Funny thing is, I found that knife somewhere. I have purchased another Kershaw Shallot since which is my EDC knife.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I just had the same size torx screw fall out of my EDC Gerber. I dind't even think to call them. I'll give them a call and worst case I'v been thinking of upgrading the EDC knife to a Kershaw.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I have a20 year old kershaw that is still in great condition and I bought a camillus heat two years ago to replace it. I loved the camillus heat but it did not last. I looked for a new knife and my wife and I were at the fun show when I saw a Kershaw Boa. $100 and it was mine. My wife was mad as hell and asked why I would spend 100 bones on a pocket knife. I told her the one I was carrying was from 20 years ago and it is still in good shape and this new would last a long time also. Knowing me and how I make things last as long as possible she was alright with it.
    I have never had to deal with Kershaw as a company but it is good to hear they treated you guys well. I will buy nothing but Kershaw. My boa is a year old and it is still like new. I love this knife.
    My Pain Is Caused By My Pleasure

The only problem with Kershaw's Ken Onion knives is that there are so MANY great knives to choose from. lol

VIP Member
    That's why I have more than one!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

They really are worth every penny and really aren't all that expensive if you think about it.
    My Pain Is Caused By My Pleasure

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I have had nothing but pleasurable experiences with my Kershaw Blur. It is IMO a very high quality knife for a very affordable price.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

I'm sure their CS is great...they probably get plenty of practice considering all their knives that I've seen or heard about that self-destruct.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I wasn't familiar with Kershaw until just a few weeks ago, but so far, I'm impressed with both their CS and their knives.

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    I'm sure their CS is great...they probably get plenty of practice considering all their knives that I've seen or heard about that self-destruct.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckE View Post
    I wasn't familiar with Kershaw until just a few weeks ago, but so far, I'm impressed with both their CS and their knives.
    hopefully you got one that won't die on you...
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I've been carrying a green half serrated chive for the past 2 years and I absolutely love it. The assisted opening is marvelous and the blades still extremely sharp with no sharpening whatsoever.
    "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."-Jeremiah 17:7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links